[suggestion] make game not endable when a capture is in progress

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nuthusk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

similar to TF2's overtime...(nexus hp cannot go below 1) would lead to more of these fun clutch moments. right now at the end people just stop trying, not very interesting, but otherwise Dominion is pretty good. thoughts?

Nekrogen

11-16-2011

Only problem with that is, with TF2, the objective is usually right beside the defender's spawn (even with larger respawn times, you have a lot of defenders). So while this is a cool idea, I don't know exactly how Riot would implement this. Usually end game in dominion, there are some weird cap patterns just because everyone is frantically trying to get a point, so these points may or may not be close enough to the defender to make this reasonable.

Honestly, I don't know if this would improve or detriment from the overall excitement end game, but it is a good idea nonetheless.

Squidget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

This seems like a good change, actually. Would make for some nice clutch moments.

WaterD103

11-16-2011

It may or may not be a good change. But I support the idea of trying it.

Seņor Pancho

11-16-2011

why the hell not.

Aerodynamic

11-16-2011

How about making a point considered neutral when someone is in the progress of capping in terms of score. It shouldn't reveal enemies though. It makes sense, since it would lead to what your saying in a sense and the turret is pretty much neutral when someone is capping it anyway.

dracron

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodynamic View Post
How about making a point considered neutral when someone is in the progress of capping in terms of score. It shouldn't reveal enemies though. It makes sense, since it would lead to what your saying in a sense and the turret is pretty much neutral when someone is capping it anyway.
I like the threads idea better than, yours, because yours would lengthen the game by a lot. There's a large portion of the game is while 1-3 points are being capped, which might halt game progress. I do like the idea of stopping until points are cleared.

Aikimiller

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodynamic View Post
This. For the purposes of nexus HP, a turret being channeled on counts as neutral. Slightly better than the other suggestion- because you don't have weird situations where one team has 5 capped the other team, but the losing team holds on longer than they should by channeling a point (because they'd still have 4 and 1 neutral).

Tenebrae Corvus

11-16-2011

It's an interesting idea to make channeled turrets neutral, I would like to see it tested; at least. After all it rewards players for their actions instead of simply giving an advantage for free.

ma514

11-16-2011

excellent suggestion!