Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot plz lossen up the MM criteria

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterD103

Recruiter

11-16-2011

I understand the MM to be harsh on Ranked, when it comes and I hope its next patch.

But why its so harsh in normal games, is so important games to be balanced? Its not fun to wait 5-10 minutes every game find a match for agame that last 10-20 minutes. At certain hours waiting 15+ minutes its not out of the question, if you add dodgers it can escalate into craziness.

Plz I beg that after 2 or 3 minutes of search to widen the search a lot. At 10 minutes put me ANYWHERE, I want to play!

CollectiveVolta

11-16-2011

I agree completely.

Specially today has been a nightmare for me because I want to play Fizz so I have to pick him before everyone else, meaning I have to sit watching the LoL screen for around 12~14 minutes (which is not as high as some other people have to wait, I cant even play on my main account because the queue times are like 28 minutes, so annoying) until the match is found and quickly go in. If I get distracted, I lose him

As Ive said like 19283129837 times around the forum, I do wish Riot remade their MM formula for Dominion because its obvious the player pool is much smaller here, something needs to be done to adjust accordingly.

From the 20~ games I got to play today, like 70% of the players in my games were always the same people! It was fun because the games were great, but that just goes to show that something just cant be right if you get the same people over and over after waiting several minutes in queue.

TLDR +1 I agree

maxusmaximus

11-16-2011

Quick questions for you guys, are you playing blind or draft? Are you solo queuing or 2/3/4/5 queuing? The times i've tried to play with 4 friends we've waited 10 minutes or so - when i tried playing draft solo i wait for around 10 minutes or so. Blind pick on the other hand i get around 30sec or so wait when solo queue. Matchmaking will do exactly what OP Is wanting in that it will lower the elo restrictions the longer your waiting(see learning centre article about matchmaking), maybe the timing and scaling needs to be looked at though.

Señor Pancho

11-16-2011

Quote:
Quick questions for you guys, are you playing blind or draft? Are you solo queuing or 2/3/4/5 queuing? The times i've tried to play with 4 friends we've waited 10 minutes or so - when i tried playing draft solo i wait for around 10 minutes or so. Blind pick on the other hand i get around 30sec or so wait when solo queue. Matchmaking will do exactly what OP Is wanting in that it will lower the elo restrictions the longer your waiting(see learning centre article about matchmaking), maybe the timing and scaling needs to be looked at though.

I play 100% draft. less gamebreaking champions. And I always queue alone.

"but by playing blind you get to learn how to fight all these so-called OP"

I know how to fight EVERY champions in the league, and I know that some of them are more annoying than "OP". get rid of the pesky champions, and enjoy dominion.

CollectiveVolta

11-16-2011

Im blind pick and solo queueing.

If I go draft pick it can take waaay too long (at least twice blind).. not worth it for me.

When I 5-man premade though (on my main) I can sometimes get really quick matches like 2~3 min, but if I solo que there its like 26~28 which is just plain annoying.

maxusmaximus

11-16-2011

I know that elo doesnt exactly work on win/loss and you will get more elo if you beat someone with higher elo but what win/loss are you at? Also i have noticed sometimes that if my queue has dragged on for about 1 1/2 min and i try to cancel queue i get a message saying i am already in champ select and i cant leave or logout for another couple minutes. Relogging will fix my queue again. Slim chance that this is your problem but it may be.

MaiDoAri

11-16-2011

I've pretty much given up on draft (solo queue) because the wait times are too long. Even blind frequently gets 20+ minute queues. It's unacceptable.

maxusmaximus

11-16-2011

That sucks, quite a way for me to get to that point. Maybe you should lose a whole heap of games to drop your elo :-P

CollectiveVolta

11-16-2011

Quote:
maxusmaximus:
I know that elo doesnt exactly work on win/loss and you will get more elo if you beat someone with higher elo but what win/loss are you at? Also i have noticed sometimes that if my queue has dragged on for about 1 1/2 min and i try to cancel queue i get a message saying i am already in champ select and i cant leave or logout for another couple minutes. Relogging will fix my queue again. Slim chance that this is your problem but it may be.

I was at 29 / 14 when I posted earlier, now 30 / 17 due to a couple of leaver matches in a row *annoyance lol*.

The cancel queue thing is mostly because of connection problems (in my experience) but Ive tried it here and it doesnt seem to work.

XaoGarrent

11-16-2011

I get pretty fast matches for Blind which is why I've been playing it more often (well that and I've been in the mood to break out my Rammus), but my waits for draft can be anywhere between 3-5 minutes. What are everyone else's draft wait times like?