Fizz: aweful in dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PacoCuervo

11-16-2011

please tell me your joking...I've carried my team in pretty much every game I've used him in...he's an absolute beast, his CD's are too long? I'm at the CD reduc cap within 10 minutes of game, spitting out his ult every idk...30-40 seconds?

XaoGarrent

11-16-2011

lol no?

Every fizz I've had on my team in the last day has dominated. Seen quite a few on the enemy team dominate too, but I tend to focus him since he's so ****ed powerful.

lbgsloan

11-16-2011

So a new champion that nobody is quite sure how to build and takes some practice to use effectively isn't doing well? You don't say.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

There was a Fizz on the enemy team in the one game a managed to get last night. I never saw him since he went top and I went bot, but he was pretty much a non-issue for us. Probably more due to his newness than his kit, though.

lbgsloan

11-16-2011

Main problem I see is idiots rushing sheen->lich bane. Fizz needs to be in the thick of things, and doesn't have poppy's survivability tools. Why, why, why would anyone think he can get away without building some tanky items first? Rush a RoA, or at LEAST start with a prospectors ring.

teh d wreck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsvoski View Post
Anyone else noticing the team w/ fizz on it is the losing team? He seems like a very poor champion, he has long cooldowns and does nothing until they are up, and when they do come up it's still not very effective. I'm hoping he gets some buffs so I don't cringe so hard when my team picks him.

Now I have my top 3 worst dominion champions:

1. Mundo
2. Fizz
3. Soraka

I'm very surprised riot released such an UP toon when the meta is to release OP toons.
You must be joking...

First off, there is usually Fizz on both teams, so that's the first flaw with your reasoning. His cooldowns are slightly longer, but with cooldown reduction it's much faster. And, it's okay that his cooldowns aren't super quick because he does very high burst damage while having the ability to survive and duck in and out of combat. Not only this, Fizz is a reflex based char and timing and positioning is really important, and he's been out for ONE DAY. Dude, people need to learn to use the character first. You must be a troll or just really ignorant. You probably haven't even tried him.

Imalia

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsvoski View Post

Now I have my top 3 worst dominion champions:

3. Soraka
What ganja are you smoking?

Ikruti

11-16-2011

It's definitely early to call him either OP or UP. I played a few games last night and oddly enough only saw Fizz once. I was playing Ryze and was pretty much crushing their Vlad at bot and they eventually switched him out with Fizz. Fizz got me twice (though it was very close both times) because I wasn't really sure about his moveset. Then I proceeded to smoosh him consistently.

What does that mean? Nothing really. I lost to Fizz because I'd never seen his moves before. After those two fights, I understood his ranges and his playstyle. Why did I start crushing the Fizz? Does that mean Ryze is awesome vs. Fizz? Well to a degree I think it's a pretty good matchup but that shows that the Fizz player doesn't have enough experience with Fizz to figure out how to counter my counter.

So really, saying "OMG I wasted the other team as Fizz" means little as most likely the opponent's really haven't fought against Fizz much. Even if they fought Fizz 10 times as Jax, it might be their first time fighting Fizz as Soraka and they need to adjust. Likewise saying he's awful is also pointless as chances the Fizz players may have his basics down but each champion tries to counter him in their own way and until you get a feel for that, you don't really have a way to cope with that as Fizz yet.

TLDR - Too soon to tell. Though I must admit his low level burst did catch me off guard the first time I fought him. But live and learn.

P.S. It was kind of funny, the Vlad said at the end of the game that he has a healthy new hatred for Ryze I consider that a job well done.

Ahlen

11-16-2011

He's a beast if played pure AP.

Ikruti

11-16-2011

I'd be wary of playing pure AP. I imagine you'd do well early and mid game but once people are tanky enough to withstand your burst, a single CC and you'll drop like a rock. That was the issue I saw, their Fizz went pure AP and while he did well mid game, near late game I sort of laughed at him as Ryze as he crumpled so fast once the snare went up and he couldn't burst me down before I could snare him.

That said, I'm guessing RoA/Zhonya's/Abyssal/Lichbane would be a pretty solid combo and give decent HP/AR/MR. Toss in a Deathcap and Boots to complete it, but that's a really expensive setup and I can't really see you getting all that stuff in most Dominion games.