Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What's your favorite point to cap?

The Refinery 0 0%
The Quarry 0 0%
The Windmill 9 47.37%
The Drill 5 26.32%
The Boneyard 5 26.32%
Voters 19 .

The Windmill!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Renkairu

11-15-2011

Rammus has taken it! Along with 3 others from his team!

Meanwhile...

You(Solo) have taken The Refinery/Drill! (3 cap)

Seriously, why is everyone hell bent on claiming The Windmill? Is it really that cool of a spot to chill at? Does it really offer THAT much of a benefit to your team?

I find it odd I'm always told to charge the windmill, even with 3 CC enemy champions defending it. Then I get told I'm bad because I ran to bot to 2v1 the enemy and take The Boneyard/Quarry, still netting us a 3 cap.

"Bot/Mid's useless! Why are 2 of you there?! Why aren't you dying to the enemy at The Windmill like we all are!?"

Doesn't it make sense to split cap to divide the champions up so your team can take a point without all the enemies defending it? Or am I just playing the game wrong?

Sky Sanctum

11-15-2011

There's nothing wrong with taking the bottom two points if you know you can't cap windmill first. The problem with taking and holding both bottom points, is that the enemy constantly respawns with fast timers, and with gold accumulation as it is, it's an unreliable strategy for HOLDING it for a long period of time, unless the enemy team is really incompetent, or you and your teammates can rotate defense so that whoever capped the bottom points, can go back and buy and scale at the same rate that your opponents will.

Capping windmill has the same negatives, but it takes longer for your enemies to return to windmill, and it's easier to port back to buy if necessary and return in about the same amount of time as your dead opponent.

Señor Pancho

11-15-2011

i liek cap windmel becasue i make oatmeal for mi teem after

SlithyTove

11-16-2011

I don't care what's capped as long as our team has 3.

frumper

11-16-2011

You don't provide enough info nor give enough choices. I will likely push minions to windmill while others respawn if I read it correctly.

It looks like they have the three cap, but you say your team has a three cap, but they've taken the windmill. Horrible post until you clean it up and clarify.

Zavy

11-16-2011

Boneyard. Bone... yard.... heh heh.

OxBaker

11-16-2011

I like the drill cause something like that's gotta be worth some decent coin if you turn around and sell it.

Ardailec

11-16-2011

I like the drill since if I'm going to back cap something, thats usually it. If people are defending Windmill and...Bottom right is the boneyard? Then odds are Drill is vulnerable, and I'll either cap, neutralize or pull someone from those two points.