My thoughts on dominion since release

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PetalDance

11-15-2011

It's a very fast paced, fun game, but is by and far pointless to not play in draft, albeit if you pick a couple of the champions that overshadow others by huge amounts.

~This is not a list of all the strong champions, just a list of champions that need dominion related tweaks~
To name a few
Rammus- Movement speed needs to drop more, throw mobilities on this guy plus tank items and you are god **** near invincible and impossible to stop from capping.

Heimerdinger- Don't even need to explain it, wherever he goes, he is near impossible to take off a turret if you bring any tanky champ with him. Way too easy for him to control a cap. I think his turrets need to lose the ability to take champions from capping(assuming i am right in that they have that ability.) Either way, if you are not taking this champion and or rammus, play draft all the time.

Kogmaw- He suffers the same issues as he does on summoners rift, wherein once he gets items, he becomes impossible to take care of. This shines through even more on dominion because of the pace of the game, very hard to itemize against since he is both magic and physical damage and deals percent health.

Irelia- The total cc reduction is just too much in smaller fights. Better nerf irelia.

Shaco- Very frustrating to play against just due to the amount of map control he offers, however i'd rather they have a team of 5 shacos than a singular rammus. Shaco can be easily killed and countered by smart play, rammus is not in that same boat

Poppy- Can 1 shot people on SR when she gets a couple items, much like kogmaw, this grows to stupid levels with the gold gains in dominion

I've almost switched entirely to playing dominion recently and often play with friends who prefer blind pick in the sense that it expedites doing many many games in a row, which is what I love about dominion. Have a bad game? No problem, play 2 or 3 more in the time it takes you to play summoners rift.

It is very discouraging to the entire idea if you have to play it in draft in order for games to even remotely be fair, and by that I mean not having to play the very strong champions every game to be nearly as effective as other champions.

I am also not saying that these champions cannot be countered, but as soon as you get in a load screen and see rammus heimer vayne janna wukong, you think to yourself, "**** I shoulda played x champ" and once you get into the game, you realize that because you did not pick a list of top tier chance, you have no chance to compete, even if outplaying them severely.

TL;DR

Dominion is fun, but still needs some tweaks, primarily in movespeed and point control some champions possess.

edit; also the mastery in the utility tree that gives the bonus 20/40 gold needs to be scaled better into dominion.

panic

PetalDance

11-16-2011

bump for red

Zavy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

Poppy doesn't one shot. God I wish she did... but she just doesn't.

I don't suffer issues against Heimer with Poppy or Graves who are my two mains. Tristana can chew apart his turrets from a distance as well.

Rammus is annoying and will chew you apart in the forest with his taunt. I don't see an OP issue with him though. Just play smart against him, and if you don't see him trying to defend, assume he's assaulting something that may be unguarded.

PetalDance

11-16-2011

Try switching from AD to AP, buy a dfg, lichbane, rabadons, use ulti, dfg, q, slam ignite. You will kill them instantly if not, maybe a q more.

Ad poppy is good, but ap can literally burst from full.

You are also playing 2 of the very strong champions on dominion who scale with items VERY well.

I am not implying these champions do not have counters, but more that unless in draft, you cannot knowingly counter them. It makes the game a little silly at time.

I play with premade 5's on this map and you are implying that controlling rammus is that easy. If he goes missing, he could be backcapping, but he also has the option to seige with his team at a much better capacity than most or could drop to bottom and easily win the 3v2 or 2v1 that would begin there.

I do hear you on rammus though. But with smart players, a rammus can be so spread over a map he becomes impossible to control, too much tanky with mobility for the map. If he goes to mid to cap, you send someone back to stop or cut off. Say you do stop him, you think you can beat him to another point? Not happening, he can just constantly force impossible to win situations on your team, with the ability to constantly have numbers in his favor.