Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heimerdinger, The Revered Inventor - Champion Spotlight

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whist

07-03-2010

Rylais will give you enough hp to tank pretty well around level 10ish.

I don't understand this video as he talks about heimer like he's a frail easy kill, I don't know if something jsut clicked with me and heimer but often I get more kills than our carry and am able to take quite a bit of damage.

I can't tell you how many times I've repelled attempted ganks against me in mid and ended up killing 2 or more of the gankers.

I just get rylais asap and then stack ap. Works every time.

Cyrael

07-06-2010

Quote:
Whist:
Rylais will give you enough hp to tank pretty well around level 10ish.

I don't understand this video as he talks about heimer like he's a frail easy kill, I don't know if something jsut clicked with me and heimer but often I get more kills than our carry and am able to take quite a bit of damage.

I can't tell you how many times I've repelled attempted ganks against me in mid and ended up killing 2 or more of the gankers.

I just get rylais asap and then stack ap. Works every time.

Exactly, I don't know who taught Phreak how to play heimer... but his best offense is 700+ AP... don't waste your time getting pointless items like deathfire grasp, if they're close enough to use it, they're close enough to get grenade/turretd.

I easily become the carry as heimer, with around 2500 - 2800 hp, and 3 turrets + zhonya ...

a much better build than the one he suggests:

Faerie Charm + 7 mana pot (learn to play defensively)
Tear of the goddess
Boots of Speed
Mejais
Mobility Boots
Zhonya
Rylai
Lich Bane
Archangles

getting Archangles as your last item is just stupid, you've wasted the entire game to build up the mana, but getting it first is also useless, as you won't have very high max mana for the effect to make sense with it's price.

At this point, and 10 stacks on mejais, you should have 700+ AP, making your grenades do 900, missiles do 700, and turrets do 200+ per shot.

You don't need cool-down reduction, because there are these awesome things called Blue Buffs. As heimer it is your responsibility to farm these continually all game, and push like mad every time you have one. They last long enough (especially with masteries) to permanently have the buff, assuming your team knows whats best for the team.

He didn't show this in the video, which baffles me, but you MUST get the blue buff and spam turrets with your grenade. This is what makes you so ridiculously good at tower pushing. Drop a turret to help dps and anti-aggro the turret, and spam grenades at the base, trying to collateral enemy heroes camping there.

At the time you make your tear of the goddess, you should easily be able to drop 2 turrets at the mana buff, and then walk away, leaving them to kill it for you. The buff is imperative for you to build up max mana with the tear of the goddess, and will give you around 1700 max mana by the end of the first one's duration.

Above all, keep turrets next to you for offensive/defensive power, and your finger ready to zhonya if needed. You should easily finish games with at least a 3.0 KDR. Heimer may be squishy if targeted by multiple stuns, but if you are smart and aggressive when defending yourself, he rapes anyone and everyone who comes to play.

Vìl

07-06-2010

the build i used involve grenades and rockets, didnt know turrets could be so helpful

i'd just buy mejal's soulstealer first and buy the recommended from there

Poosickle

07-12-2010

heim op

Roeratt

01-01-2011

Quote:
DrakeGenius:
Someone asked who has the most wins with heim.
I think its FortCastle
he has over 1200 wins and 350 are with heim if i am not wrong.

Nah, it can't be him, I just played with him, and there's no way he's that good. Also, his (ranked) history indicates 18 wins with Heimer.