Pantheon - raepface or just a decent dps?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackStar00

07-02-2010

He's cheesy combo is too easy to land. The leapStun + heartseeker strike early kills squishy like nothing.

I've had an ally solo mid pantheon go dominating so strong early game that the game fin during mid game. Then i saw his items, i was shocked. Its boots and a whole freaking filled inventory of doran's blades....

He just ultis in during team fights, find a squishy that has scattered, then do his cheesy combo and retreat. The guy will mostly die from heartseeker, if not just toss the lance. Wait for stun+hearseeker cd then chase another idiot and repeat....

IM Beyotaur

07-02-2010

Pantheon can deal insane damage, but like everyone is saying, he is squishy as hell. He can only deal that insane damage if he has attack damage, because his skills scale off of that. because of that it is harder to get survivability items, because then you will live longer at the cost of not doing any damage at all. Its not really safe to invest in survivability until after you have several other items that give damage, and by then you're already really easy to kill. if someone stuns and focuses you, you will most likely die. Pantheon is very item dependent.

for the sake of the OP, he does deal ridiculous damage if he gets a couple of AD items.

Dude

07-02-2010

I play panth a lot and I find him to be balanced for the most part. Like many have said already, he can own early and scales down late game due to squishiness and CC lock down/focus fire. I do think that Panth is one of the best (if not the best) mid solo in the game. I have owned Kats, Heimers, Ashes, and just about anyone else that typically goes mid. The only one hero that I have had trouble with mid is a well played Nid, with her heal and nasty spear (battle of the spear harass). A panth at lvl 6 will decimate just about anyone at lvl 4/5 with ulti and HSS combo. I do agree, he is not a standard DPS but a AD burst hit and run champ. With that in mind, he is very team dependent. You can faceroll early and still lose if you don't have a good team comp to back you up late game. Like mentioned in other threads, he might get some balancing for late game survivability, but overall he isn't OP.

DamnPandaHands

07-02-2010

Build panth with about +100 damage in items and the rest survivability and you will have good success. Tired of glass cannon ******s.