Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Pantheon - raepface or just a decent dps?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akumi

06-28-2010

Quote:
Widgit:
Also Dobz, Veigar still has higher sustained burst than Pantheon, since ALL of Veigar's abilities aside from stun have at least some burst potential. If Pantheon is eating you alive early game, its because either you or your lane partner are doing it wrong. If you solomid vs. Pantheon and you're a squishy, you're doing it wrong. Just sayin'.

I just love early-game Veigars trying to FB Pantheon while having almost no AP and no real burst damage. I also love dancing in his stun cage, it's priceless.

If you push with Veigar, early fight with Veigar, try to get FB with Veigar (especially against Pantheon), solo mid as Veigar against anything other than a mage You really are doing it wrong and should stop playing him.

Quote:
Unregistered:
That's mind numbingly stupid, just so you know.

Old TF had an AoE Gold Card? Just don't be around Twisted Fate. In fact, just don't play the game. Actually, just don't get out of bed in the morning. Problem. Solved. Hire me.

I mean, no way can you be stunned, exhausted, grabbed, flashed to, ghosted to or just surprised by an attack.

Well, considering that Blitz is somewhat rare at my ELO (and I don't think its even Mid-High yet) we can exclude being grabbed and as I typed before, a good Veigar or anyone laning against Panth will not push that much, as in the current metagame it's unreasonable to do so. Turrethug, last-hit minions, call for ganks - a good Pantheon won't turret dive you till, like, lvl 11 while not having a teammate near him or not being sure that he'll kill you. You're low hp and still turret hugging? Lol, a free frag for Panth.

Irelia Hate Puns

06-28-2010

Another thing that works? Focus all harassment on him. He won't be as likely to jump in if his hp is wittled down to nothing.
Another thing that works? Cleanse. Flash. Merc Treads. Any of these and "oops they mitigated 90% of my burst and I just wasted mana"
Pantheon has a very low mana pool for his ability cost earlygame. Use this knowledge to your advantage. He can basically only attempt his full combo twice per 2 levels earlygame, and a Pantheon without mana is zero threat.

Akumi

06-28-2010

Quote:
Widgit:
Another thing that works? Focus all harassment on him. He won't be as likely to jump in if his hp is wittled down to nothing.
Another thing that works? Cleanse. Flash. Merc Treads. Any of these and "oops they mitigated 90% of my burst and I just wasted mana"
Pantheon has a very low mana pool for his ability cost earlygame. Use this knowledge to your advantage. He can basically only attempt his full combo twice per 2 levels earlygame, and a Pantheon without mana is zero threat.

Never saw You on forums, but You seem like a bro. QFT.

alsowikk

06-28-2010

Is he really this bad off? I was going to get him soon but...is he really THIS bad? It was down between him and katatina as a replacement for Annie...guess I'll go with katarina then. And any one else think of him as a physical nuker?(as annie I find pantheon's are doing the exact same strategies as me, even our zoning is similar so iit feels like he IS ad annie)

Akumi

06-28-2010

Quote:
alsowikk:
Is he really this bad off? I was going to get him soon but...is he really THIS bad? And any one else think of him as a physical nuker?(as annie I find pantheon's are doing the exact same strategies as me, even our zoning is similar so iit feels like he IS ad annie)

As I stated, he's definitely not bad at the minute, some people are even saying that he might be slightly OP thanks to his E ability - I think not.

Knowing what Riot did with AP Ezreal after the community masswhine I am just afraid, and also curious as what will happen with Pantheon - does Riot have anything in mind? Are they going to rework him? Nerf him? Let him stay as he is?

alsowikk

06-28-2010

Guess I'll wait out the week and see how Riot plans to address pantheon(as an Annie player I have no idea why he should be nerfed now that heart seaker is fixed/he isn't instantly killing me anymore).

Splitzed

06-28-2010

Some discussion on panth in this thread from the game designers, first paragraph:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=146992

Phevnil

06-28-2010

I think Pantheon is all good for now. He could use some early game nerfs and late game balance/buffs, but there are definitly worse champions out there. Fix Shaco, Evlyn, and Mordakiser. Then we can get to Pantheon.

Akumi

06-28-2010

Quote:
Splitzed:
Some discussion on panth in this thread from the game designers, first paragraph:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=146992

I saw the thread, it just doesn't say exactly what are they going to do with Panth. I believe Heartseeker will be somehow nerfed and once again Q will be buffed - I really think it's okay as it is. Widgit said well that there are dozen ways to counter Panth and if one thinks of how to play and what Pantheon's disadvantages and weaks sides are, he doesn't even need to browse forums to learn that. Shurelia's opinion is that he's not OP, I am asking about what the community is thinking - does he really need to be rebuild, nerfed, buffed and changed and how might it (again, and also if it might) affect the metagame.

Zezaru

Recruiter

06-28-2010

Quote:
Phevnil:
I think Pantheon is all good for now. He could use some early game nerfs and late game balance/buffs, but there are definitly worse champions out there. Fix Shaco, Evlyn, and Mordakiser. Then we can get to Pantheon.

Agreed. Unless Pantheon has become massively fed early, he's not that great late..And there are higher priority champions than him.