Games and people never connecting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darnfool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2010

I do believe that this deserves some sort of attention. In light of a recent series of issues and server instability I've been running into this more and more. Essentially, what is happening is I will queue up. The team looks moderately decent and no one queue dodged and we start to load the game. Then, for whatever reason (be it the odd bug where it never goes to the loading screen, or them actually just disconnecting) one or two people won't connect.

This would be fine, *if they ever came back*. But recently, people will never get back online. Essentially making games 3v5 or 4v5 with little hopes of rallying a win. So I guess my question is, why even let a game start if someone isn't connected? Why take the chance of not only wasting peoples time, generally giving them a loss, and ruining some of their game play experience because someone never connected at all?

I don't know, maybe I'm just "raging" or whatever you want to call it but it gets overly aggravating and can't be fun for either team (well, maybe for the winning team but I don't find 5v4 wins fun).

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhetorical Hippo

06-28-2010

If they make it through the champion selection, we have no way of knowing if they will or will not come back. Most of the time, they do. But a minority of the games will have someone never show up. This had happened to me twice due to connection going down for an extended time.

I'm not sure what you want to happen...you can't have the AI go to people's houses and force them to reconnect at gunpoint...yet. We're still working on Skynet. Give it time.