Has this ever happened to you?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kearndog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2010

So, I go into queue solo or with a couple friends and as soon as you join the champion selection lobby, your random teammates all pick squishy dps roles. Meanwhile, I was planning on playing Ryze. I realize that playing a tank like Shen would be an extremely good asset to the team, so I summon shen only to realize, "oh ****, i've got 21 points in utility and 9 points in offense. I could really use a 9-21-0 spec for shen since meditation and utility mastery isn't very useful to him." So now I have a couple options, I can try to change my masteries in 30 seconds and hope that I get it locked in before the match begins. I can say "screw you guys" and play Ryze with my current mastery. I can queue dodge and waste several minutes waiting to requeue. OR, Riot could make things much more convenient for people in my position by allowing us to have 2 mastery pages.

Anybody else feel me on this one?

on a side note, more rune pages would be nice, but don't seem as needed as having 2 mastery pages.

Hopefully, they fix this in a future patch. Maybe they don't want to have to worry about data storage for the additional mastery page, but I would really appreciate a fix for this.

I know I could just get a 5 man premade and decide who's playing what beforehand, but I can't always get 5 people. Therefore, this fix still seems necessary.

Saffire

06-28-2010

Changing masteries can be done in under 10 seconds. Sure, I would love to be able to set up individual mastery pages for each champion, but if I've got 30 seconds to spare I go with what helps the team.

yammez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2010

I've gotten pretty quick about changing my masteries. Still though, it's a less than optimal system. I don't know what will change with the new GUI in season 1.

I agree with Saffire though, I wish I could have a mastery page set up for each champion I play. Or at least it could remember what I last used with any specific champion.

zinku418

06-28-2010

Or let people make Presets for Masteries, and you can select out of a couple of presets.

Puppetear

06-28-2010

1:30 for champion select, suppose you wait 30 seconds to see your teammates, suppose you are slow on masteries and take 30 seconds to respec, thats 30 seconds left over for stuff like "im mid", "im jungling", "let me lane with shen" etc, I dont see what the problem is, youre gonna wait 1:30 whether you pick ryze or shen so theres really no time lost.

Sunwise

06-28-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=128895
Mastery Quick Swap. It takes some time to make sure you've got masteries set up for your "fallback" champions, but then you'll be ready for any time you look at the champions your team has selected and go "oh ****".

Also useful for helping forgetful people like me remember just what the heck we were planning on doing with a character.