Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

katarina's passive: too overpowered in dom?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shadowblåde

11-15-2011

i believe personally by experience and through watching friends and enemies play as katarina, i hve come to one conclusion. she is simply too overpowered passive wise in this gameplay. in any good dominion game a champion is bound to get a few kills, katarinas passive turns one kill into 2,3,4 most of the time because of her cooldown reduction. not only to add to that but any katarina can stay in full on combat throughout the whole game and can make easily over 4k more gold than any other player doing the same thing she is. dominion is fast paced i understand but having a katarina against you completely ruins the game, i think it needs to be reduced both the money gain and cooldown reduction specific for dominion gameplay.

Sengara

11-15-2011

Kat's passive is definitely better in Dom then it is in SR. That being said, she is also one of the easier champs to counter. I find that against stun/interrupt heavy teams shes pretty bland.

Her fast CD ulti is great, but in Dom, team fights are so common that it's really unlikely that there won't be a stun/interrupt waiting for it every time.

SirLucious LftFt

11-15-2011

on paper it looks good but in the games ive been playing i rarely see kats in general and much more rare a good one,

but whne a kat gets fed in dom just like in sr it is pretty lame and a GG unless u have like a fid and a blitz or sumtin

Señor Pancho

11-15-2011

blitz, rammus, fiddle, alistar, all common picks, will make kat sad in pants.

she is a last-pick champion if the other team doesnt have 2 of the aforementioned champions.

The Wrongsword

11-15-2011

Perhaps when you think of "katarina" what you mean is "poppy". For all intents and purposes, poppy's passive is "this champion takes 50% damage," every other passive looks worthless by comparison.

Kat is, at best, a solid champion. She does not take over games.

Zavy

11-15-2011

I love when Kat ults my Poppy then finds her face crammed into a wall. =D