Fizz spell vamps only on his Q and ultimate

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Foot View Post
I would settle for adding it only to the active portion, but would really prefer that it work consistently for passive and active (if just for ease of knowledge on those that don't play him).
I would personally like to see a minor tweak to Spellvamp and Rylai's magic attack proc interaction that accomplishes the following:

* Passive magic proc on-hit damage spellvamps for 25-33% (number can be tweaked) if it's a passive ability. This would be limited to Champion abilities before considering the possibility of making Wit's End and Madred's and such apply spellvamp.

* Passive magic proc on-hit magic damage Champion abilities activates Rylai's for the reduced 15% amount.

* Active magic proc on-hit magic damage work with Rylai's and Spellvamp normally (like they already do on Kassadin).

AileTheAlien

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMannie View Post
Thanks a lot for your feedback. I'll bring it up and see how people feel about it. I'm curious though, if spell vamp worked on Fizz's 'W', would it actually change the way you itemize?
It most definitely would! On a related note, as far as I've been able to test, the damaging portion of Fizz's E happens when he's no longer invincible. If I'm just misjudging, I'm content with it not triggering spellvamp; However, if it is indeed during the vulnerable portion of his skill, there's no reason for it not to work with items like ht revolver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeNirvana View Post
I would personally like to see a minor tweak to Spellvamp and Rylai's magic attack proc interaction that accomplishes the following:

* Passive magic proc on-hit damage spellvamps for 25-33% (number can be tweaked) if it's a passive ability. This would be limited to Champion abilities before considering the possibility of making Wit's End and Madred's and such apply spellvamp.

* Passive magic proc on-hit magic damage Champion abilities activates Rylai's for the reduced 15% amount.

* Active magic proc on-hit magic damage work with Rylai's and Spellvamp normally (like they already do on Kassadin).
This sounds pretty gosh darn reasonable. Plus would have less "gotcha" cases for newer players: If you get spellvamp or rylai's, your abilities benefit, if only a lessened amount.

MintiFresh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

why in the hell would you make spell vamp not work with magic damage? that's so **** pointless and it makes him complete garbage because he can't win any exchanges top because his decent ways of exchanging for maximum damage all draw minion aggro. way to make a champion complete garbage simply by purposely breaking one of his skills to not work how it should, riot.

IzzyOttr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

Not sure if it would change how I itemize Teemo/Fizz
but I guarantee you it would give me more to think about

Spell vamp should apply to auto-attack proc effects that are generated by the player's abilities, at least in a limited capacity. I think it'd allow for a lot of variation in builds for several hybrid champs, making spell vamp more valuable for them... I think that the AS/AP build for teemo, for example, would benefit significantly from adding ability power + spell vamp if Toxic Shot generated health. It'd allow for some sustain/tankiness without deviating drastically from an effective focused build.

Dirty Foot

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeNirvana View Post

I'd prefer for spell vamp to work for it's full amount on passive abilities. If the passive actually did a sizable amount of damage, it would be a totally different case, but all passive abilities in the game only account for a ridiculously small portion of a champ's damage.

For example: in a best case scenario where Teemo is pretty fed, he'll probably do 200 damage with his poison if it goes the full duration-- and this is before magic resist. Considering only one spell vamp item, it's reasonable to assume he'll heal roughly 15-20% of that--so a self heal of 30 health points, and that's not considering reduced damage from the enemy's magic resist.

Sure, he still does *some* AD, but that number is actually MUCH lower compared to his magic damage, so lifesteal is even less of a tool for him. Hell, most Teemos don't even do a massive amount of personal magic damage, as they tend to build on-hit items instead. Since these items do not proc spell vamp, there's really no cause for alarm in terms of over-buffing a champ. All this change would do is give Teemo players another option to build.

As for Rylai's, I agree. Having a passive proc a full Rylai's is just too powerful. 15% seems like a reasonable number, but it wouldn't even bother me if it were only 10%.

Dirty Foot

11-16-2011

I have to add that Cho's passive procs both Rylai's and Spell Vamp. It's only a toggle so that the AoE damage won't get Cho turreted by accidentally attacking a champ when hitting a tower.

While I've never seen a summoner get spell vamp on Cho, the option is most definitely there, as it should be for any champ that builds into AP.

1nOnlySmashem

11-16-2011

I planned to build him with a gunblade if going hybrid or WOTA if going mostly AP. I am a very big fan of life/spell leach in all games and believe its crucial, especially when damage is high in the end game. I have lived many times kiting with an AP and living only because of spell vamp. With fizz you could kite with trickster, but the CD on that is very long, and survive if he had more spell vamp.

Overall I like Fizz and his abilities, unfortunately no sustain makes him fall way off in high skill team games.

BlkHorizn

12-13-2011

i just want to state that i had to search a bit to even find this post there were so many others regarding fizz in other sections, and i had no idea until reading the QA response that aura effects such as will of the ancients didnt work on vlad and fizz's abilities. I think it should be noted in a conspicuous place - either the item or the ability if something specificically doesnt work, as im sure there are alot of players making bad build decisions because they arent informed.