Duo Bot(Yorick and Warwick)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

11-15-2011

I've also mentioned this in another thread, but i'd like this to open the discussion for duo bot.

I've had the pleasure yesterday of having warwick with me bottom lane. With the dominion aura feeding our mana reserves, there was little the enemy could do. All harress was healed the same second, minions pushed in godlike speed, enemy bot capped within a couple of minutes(not even a contest). At some point it became a 2v4, which was the only way of getting us to leave the turret.

Only to have us take it back whenever there was less than 4 heroes defending bot. In summoners rift this would TOTALLY not work. It's just one game, but wow, it just felt so OP. The amount of crazy sustain, the damageoutput which still was pretty good. The part where you couldn't focus one down without the other being free to do what he wants. A surpress, a slow, a speedup, a revive-ish ulti.

I'm gonna try and get my brother to run this setup with me again(he's a ww fan), and see if this was just a fluke, or something that will be nerfed in the future :P

OxBaker

11-15-2011

No, it works well. There's another thread talking about it. But I think it would be less effective if more people started doing it. The reason I think it works so well right now is that so many players are conditioned to just stream up top which results in a lot of time wasted by the enemy players running top and then returning to bottom when it's taken.

NetherGate

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eface View Post
I've also mentioned this in another thread, but i'd like this to open the discussion for duo bot.

I've had the pleasure yesterday of having warwick with me bottom lane. With the dominion aura feeding our mana reserves, there was little the enemy could do. All harress was healed the same second, minions pushed in godlike speed, enemy bot capped within a couple of minutes(not even a contest). At some point it became a 2v4, which was the only way of getting us to leave the turret.

Only to have us take it back whenever there was less than 4 heroes defending bot. In summoners rift this would TOTALLY not work. It's just one game, but wow, it just felt so OP. The amount of crazy sustain, the damageoutput which still was pretty good. The part where you couldn't focus one down without the other being free to do what he wants. A surpress, a slow, a speedup, a revive-ish ulti.

I'm gonna try and get my brother to run this setup with me again(he's a ww fan), and see if this was just a fluke, or something that will be nerfed in the future :P
I think you played noobs who didnt know what they were doing. They didnt stick to their 4 top, 1 bot standard which would have left them owning the top 3 turrets, and you with only the bottom 2. What would you do then? YOU would be forced to break your formation to respond rather than your noob opponents.

ImCoolerOnline

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedPheonix View Post
I think you played noobs who didnt know what they were doing. They didnt stick to their 4 top, 1 bot standard which would have left them owning the top 3 turrets, and you with only the bottom 2. What would you do then? YOU would be forced to break your formation to respond rather than your noob opponents.
No, the enemy would take top, but he would take the enemy bott and they would need to send people down to take it back leaving top only defended by 1 or 2 champions, the name of the game is controlling 3 points and officially its ur two closest and top, unofficially its any 3 you can take and hold.

Ultimately the enemy team would have to compensate sending 2 bot to handle him and ally at bot making top a 3v3 and bot a 2v2. He was stating that yorick and ww is a very difficult 2v2 to handle.

I do see your point that they could push further into the top holding the top 3, only way to know would be to test it out.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoolerOnline View Post
I do see your point that they could push further into the top holding the top 3, only way to know would be to test it out.
During the enemy capture of windmill it should be theoretically be possible to get in a couple of free shots so you can let the enemy start out with damage with the fight for your own mid.

If your bottom combo is synergetic and used to making 2 man combo's, it should be very possible that by the time enemy made it to your mid, you are already taking bottom. This makes the enemy hard pressured.

Still, it's theorycrafting. I'd love to test it sometime soon

Hikaru Genji

11-15-2011

I main Yorick bot.

Needing 2 to bot lane is a waste. You should be able to 1v2 by yourself, especially if you're sitting on a turret defending.

And only idiots would send 4 to take back one turret. They'd send 5 to the other turrets and cap them while you sit on one, maybe 2 (your bot). Also, WW and Yorick rely on self heals. Enemy assassins with Ignite/Executioner's Calling = GG.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru Genji View Post
I main Yorick bot.

Needing 2 to bot lane is a waste. You should be able to 1v2 by yourself, especially if you're sitting on a turret defending.

And only idiots would send 4 to take back one turret. They'd send 5 to the other turrets and cap them while you sit on one, maybe 2 (your bot). Also, WW and Yorick rely on self heals. Enemy assassins with Ignite/Executioner's Calling = GG.
I main yorick bot too? Yeah, it's overkill sending 2. That's the whole point. You are going to capture their bottom before they even have the chance of taking your mid. And really, if you are sending 5 to each turret, yorick and warwick will have a race who will clean up after you, so that's a no go. Any team that runs around in teams of 5 will lose. Yeah, you will capture any point you want, but you can only cap and defend one.

It's simple math, winning a 3v4 defensive battle with short distance to base is well managable. however, being solo against yorick and ww, is a battle you will most certainly lose. As long as enemy turret is not neutral they keep getting minions to get their life back.

This is how it happened yesterday, and once again, it took 4(!!!) champs to dislodge our combo. Not because they were noobs, but because these two combined are staying like pretty much forever unless you run them over with a freight train.

KimKelley

11-15-2011

I'm not saying the idea is terrible but it depends on the enemy taking a weak bottom characters. As soon as he saw that it was a 2v1 he should have gone into pure defensive mode. Just clear off the minion waves and kite you two around the tower if you tried to dive. Once his team won top they should send someone to reinforce him.

Just a list off the top of my head of characters that, if played correctly, would shut down this strat easily.

Maokai, Heimerdinger, Chogath, Morgana.

Maybe: Shaco, Nasus, Yorick

Remember, all they have to do is keep from getting dove while fending off minions. If they accomplish that, you've just handed top to the enemy team.

That all said, if you're talking blind pick with random players, it's got a good chance of working.

IS1429332aa9b633

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru Genji View Post
I main Yorick bot.

Agreed, you can easily 1v2 with Yorick, even without your ult.

FDru

11-15-2011

Someone destroyed bot lane with Yorick? Better alert the news.

Seriously, though. Bot lane with a champ that isn't broken then come talk about it.