Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AD vs AP Ezreal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Downfaller

Recruiter

06-28-2010

AD to OMGWTFBBQ early game taking 1/4-1/2 damage on one shot.

Mowarth

06-28-2010

Quote:
akronman1:
Wow, it's clear you don't play Ezreal, or you are just misinformed. He is far and away better with an AP build. His W and E will melt people, and then he quickly can finish them off with his R. My friend is a great AP Ezreal, so I see it in action all of the time. Yet whenever I see AD Ez's, they are usually getting a few kills here and there, but they're not carrying.

I am not playing Ezreal, I did long time ago...

However, I don't see why people should play him AP when his heal got removed, I mean that was the reason I played him as AP, but now AD just seems superior to AP, since his mystic shot dmgs like **** and is basically the best nuke at level 1.

Sure I would play him as AP but I have no reasons too when AD Ez is such an awesome carry.

Crayon Puppet

06-28-2010

A quick story, I played a game yesterday and our team consisted of Ezreal,Tryndamere, Taric, Pantheon, and another dpser can't remember who, Enemy team had Jax Fiddles, Kog, Shen and I can't remember the last, Anyways we were loaded with DPS and I asked Ezreal if he could go AP instead of AD after I saw he had sheen and long sword. His first comment was AP ezreal sux after the last nerf. I said actually his damage is still strong and we could really use it. I then made the point that Jax procs stuns off auto attacks and if you go AD he's going to go follow you a round the map feeding, which he had already began to do, if you have the burst from AP going it can help us kill their problem heroes faster( Fiddle while draining, jax before he builds up attack speed and procs numerous stuns against our dpsers, shen who was stacking armor and had taibi. He disregards my comments and continues to play AD. I then proceed to make a point of saving his life three times in a row from the jax by killin him just as he was about to leap strike a 20hp Ez twice and doing enough damage the third time to jax that he decided to give up pursuit of our auto attacking squishy friend(I was tryn with Sotd, IE ). none the less jax was determined to feed on ezreal who spent most of the team battles using mystic shot on nothing of importance and running from jax. Then I said see man I told you, you can't hold your own as AD against this team, and we have more than enough auto attackers on the team, we needed the burst "to which he replies well yea I see your point but to be honest i always have horrible games when I go AP so I couldn't have played it even if I wanted to but Ezreal is just a lot of fun " I suspect most AD players fall under this catergory maintaining AD is better simply because they are so horrible at AP.

Actually you know what **** it, I'm going to flat out say it I have never not once seen a good an AD Ez actually carry a game a close evenly matched game. Not ever I've seen stomps where he farms, or close games where he becomes pretty useless late game, and I've seen few games where an ad ez actually gets a triforce and one of the major damage items. But so many people are out there claiming AD ez is possible maybe I'm just running into the scrubs playing him, if you main ez add me to your list we'll play you get Ez you do your thing I wanna finally see a good Ez who goes attack damage and I'm not going OMFG you suck ass if you have a bad game I wanna to see you play it multiple times and I want to see how you do, because I'm just not buying it. all the hard carries can do wat AD EZ does 1000 times better, but not many heroes fit the roll of long range burst that Ez does when he plays ap.

Impurenergy

06-28-2010

So other than the last post, AD seems to be more dominate now after the patch.

TimeScar

Recruiter

06-28-2010

AD = very strong, but extremely squishy carry, has trouble getting off more than a couple autoattacks off in a teamfight without having to shift out. That said, he can still do impressive damage from out of range with mystic shot, but in a team fight it is difficult not to hit the MFing Cho rather than the squishy you should be hitting.

AP = Good AOE damage, both with the ult and with Flux, but they have nerfed his damage and his support repeatedly... This build was by far the most useful in teamfights, and still dishes out some hefty damage and is extremely good at scaring away carries because he can so easily get behind the tanks and hit the carry, which kills their attack speed and takes a large chunk of their life.

Hybrid = fails at any job in a fight and should never be built.

Kittehs

06-28-2010

Whenever I play Ezreal, I play AP.

AD is good for early game, but really falls off late game and you are useless in team fights. AP absolutely steamrolls late game if you know what you're doing. Shift in on their most dangerous DPS, Q him with Lich Bane, essence flux, q again, shift out, then put out your W and Q damage from behind your teammates. His cooldowns make him not even that bursty -- he's more sustained DPS if you're using your Q to reduce your W/E.

AP is also more fun because you can't rely on mindless right-clicking. Play Ashe if you want one skill and right-clicking.

D3leet

06-28-2010

Attack Damage Ezreal can carry teams. Ability power Ezreal can carry teams as well. Its more difficult to do with AD over AP because you have to be able to aim an ability that has a very small area of effect to hit and requires you to really be able to focus on how you attack.

Ability power ezreal has a lot of AOE damage, and can spread the pain over an entire team fairly well, if you level w/e/r and get q for farming and for after you get lich bane.

In the end though, I've found that when I focus strictly on Attack damage, and really pay attention to how I shoot my mystics, and my positioning I can do very well. Attack damage ezreal requires you to really have a decent tank, and just like any carry, requires good support cast. As he has no CC to be real proud of, mystic shot is amazing for adding that CC. Most forget that mystic shot procs things like lifesteal/black cleaver/ trinity force slow/frozen mallet slow. In the end though, its all up to play style, if you like to focus heroes and keep a little further back and can't aim mystic shot well play AP, if you can use mystic shot and hit 80% of the time the target you aim for, then go for attack damage ezreal. It allows you to do a ton of damage for almost no mana, and you can cast it every second, I've done close to 1600-2000 damage in four shots in a team fight with just mystic shot, and healed myself for far more than the damage that could be dealt to me. If you want to play with me, go ahead, my name is D3leet, check my profile. http://www.lolbase.net.

Shiddy

06-28-2010

AP is garbage since they removed the heal on his W. Do you really want one reliable nuke on a shortish cooldown as an ap character?