Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

3 patch things that scare me that Dominion may now..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrSpaz

11-15-2011

Quote:
Mailius:
warmogs ramble

There's a Brackhar post on this very Dominion board explaining their rationale behind removing Warmog's.

They're also looking at Atma's.

Silpheed

11-15-2011

I see a lot of complaining about the "5% nerf to spell pen" and I don't really understand it, especially for Dominion. Just go down the offensive tree instead of the utility tree and you'll gain a LOT more offensive power than you lost in this patch.

lbgsloan

11-15-2011

1) Exhaust was game-breakingly OP, and the nerf was needed. It was quickly reaching Flash status on SR as something you take on anybody except support. Even many junglers were running Smite/Exhaust. It was basically a 3.5 second stun that anyone could run and cost 0 mana. On Dominion, it wasn't unusual to see teams with 4 or even 5 exhausts. That is not healthy for the game at all.

2) 5% isn't a big deal when so few people buy any significant magic defence. You sometimes saw a Hexdrinker or QSS, but on the whole it was very rare to anyone with over 80 mdef. I rarely even build Void Staff on Dominion. Haunting Guise and sorc boots is often enough mpen with runes and masteries.

Utility is the same as always, not sure where the nerf is. The most important masteries it had, the movespeed, CDR, and summoner CDR are still there. The only thing that changed is that now full offence and defence are worth looking into for all classes, not just AD carries and tanks.

3) What sacrifice? 1 point in defence? Oh no, like every AD on Dominion wasn't already running some combination of offence and defence masteries anyhow. Meanwhile the movespeed bonus was nerfed hard, overall making it worse.

jadelink

11-15-2011

I agree exhaust was very good. I usually ran exhaust/flash all the time, unless jungling.

It probably needed the nerf (and cleanse needed the buff).

That still leaves us with the balance issue concerning how we handle things like Jax and Tryndamere without them becoming overpowered. I suspect that several aggressive jumping/spinning/dashing, high dps, tanky melees may well get a lot harder to handle.

Señor Pancho

11-15-2011

Quote:
That still leaves us with the balance issue concerning how we handle things like Jax and Tryndamere

jax I agree, but tryndamere has this big problem of being forced to build straight DPS while having his ult on a long ass cooldown. at least it's what I think.

he is definately a bit more viable after the patch, but still has a long way to go before he is worth a ban.

lbgsloan

11-16-2011

Run more champions with cc. Generally when I get a winning team, it was because we had at least 4 or all 5 champions with some decent cc ability. When I get a losing team, it's because people locked teams full of champions who can't get a melee bruiser off of them without Exhaust.

Tryn is a bad, bad, bad pick on dominion. His ult is strong on SR and broken on TT because he can turn around any game by basically being able to solo any building without fear to death. On Dominion you can stop him from capping regardless of ult, and once his ult is used up he's useless for the next minute or so.

Jax will always be a problem until they rework that passive and E. Free gold passives are impossible to balance, and dodge is thankfully on its way out in the near-future with the removal of dodge from the mastery trees. We'll see what happens after dodge is taken out. I suspect Jax will cease to get an issue. Surge did NOT help though, as it seems to be made for Jax.