Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

3 patch things that scare me that Dominion may now..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterD103

Recruiter

11-15-2011

... be as unbalanced as people CLAIM, but its false.

1)Biggest is Exhaust nerf.: That was what was keeping the metagame in check. Imo what was keeping the bruisers and Assasins to dominate.
But without exhaust Jax, Pantheon, nocturne, and other so claimed monsters of dominion, may actually be. They werent op because if they jumped in they were exhausted to death.
Despite the claim that those champs used exhaust too. I will use as reference my main char, Tristana. I prefer both to have exhaust that none of us. If he exhaust, I can jump , burst him away. If I exhaust him, he cant do much more than die.

This applies to AP nukers too.
Now when everygame had 5 exhaust, I can see the need for the nerf. But Exhaust was to dominion what Flash was to SR. OP? yes, but what keept the metagame in check. The same way people claim SR is balanced around Flash. I felt Dominion was balanced around exhaust.

I hope this nerf do not destroy dominion balance. It may be the change is not strong enough to really impact the balance. I hope so.

2) Archaic Knowledge nerf. While AD get 10% armor pen. All im gonna say is that AP and AD where equally viable in dominion. Now that may change...
Add to that Utility was nerfed for AP casters....

3) Easier to get revive. Now revive is easier to get in almost every champ without sacrifice. Before it was, you should get revive in every champ. But you had to do some sacrifices. Now you dont. And what are the champs that benefit more from revive? Assasins and Bruisers. Specially those that carry Atma's

Señor Pancho

11-15-2011

I'm not sure yet, but I'm probably gonna go back to my older "mains" kat, nasus, renekton, tryndamere, galio, brand.

I'm planning on trying them with the new masteries and summoner spell tweaks, and see how it goes.

I had a blast with graves, but I feel he has been over-nerfed. he was OP at release, and nerfed the next patch to high tier AD carry at best. always tought vayne (and possibly cait) was better, now she is the best, hands down.

also, I feel that surge is a good buff to jax and to AD poppy, as if they needed that (unless the cooldown is like 6 min)

Squidget

11-15-2011

Good poke is really what makes pure bruiser teams unviable on SR. Bruisers generally don't have a lot of poke or range, so if you have a solid tank line that doesn't let them initiate immediately it's easy enough to poke them down. You don't stop Panth from killing you by exhausting him, you force him to use his jump on your Alistar while your AP pokes the hell out of him from a safe range.

A lot of tanky DPS also get weaker without the Atmogs build. AD casters like Pantheon especially don't have a lot of ways to build up their AD while staying tanky enough to survive in melee. They'll still do okay with Triforce + Tanky or early LW, but they'll have to make more of a choice between building offense and defense now.

I agree with you about the arpen though. 20% arpen out the gate is too much, especially with how strong AD champions get in the late-game. Riven with an LW is going to rip you apart no matter what you buy, since armor and health both got nerfed pretty hard.

ActionButlerGO

11-15-2011

A half second nerf to Exhaust isn't going to completely scrap it. That said, though, I don't recall ever seeing it that much in the first place. I typically run Ghost/Promote, myself.

I'm pretty happy to see Atmog's go. Some of the tankier tanky DPS champs were immovable objects. I'm hoping this evens a few things out.

The ArPen thing, on the other hand... yeah, I'll hold my tongue on that till I see some results.

KimKelley

11-15-2011

Quote:
WaterD103:

3) Easier to get revive. Now revive is easier to get in almost every champ without sacrifice. Before it was, you should get revive in every champ. But you had to do some sacrifices. Now you dont. And what are the champs that benefit more from revive? Assasins and Bruisers. Specially those that carry Atma's

Well they nerfed the movespeed on revive and removed Warmogs so it will likely even out especially considering the punitively long CD of revive.

Señor Pancho

11-15-2011

Revive was trash without 21 utility. Now, i dont know about you guys, but i feel id rather put my points somewhere else for pretty much all my champions. you get more cdr and more MS in other trees plus all the new goodies in offense and defense...

MrSpaz

11-15-2011

Quote:
ActionButlerGO:
A half second nerf to Exhaust isn't going to completely scrap it. That said, though, I don't recall ever seeing it that much in the first place. I typically run Ghost/Promote, myself.

I'm pretty happy to see Atmog's go. Some of the tankier tanky DPS champs were immovable objects. I'm hoping this evens a few things out.

The ArPen thing, on the other hand... yeah, I'll hold my tongue on that till I see some results.

I saw it every single game.

In a huge amount of games, I saw it on all ten champions.

Helixes

11-15-2011

I think people need to stop claiming imba when they haven't had time to test

Mailius

11-15-2011

Exhaust lost 1 second from the duration, .5 from masteries (which everyone could get) and .5 from the base. That's roughly a 30% decrease, which is quite substantial (plus it now gets completely removed by cleanse).

I can't believe they left in the 12% armor pen aura with 10% from masteries (while also nerfing % spell pen)... oh wait, I can believe it, since this is Riot I'm talking about.

I can't believe they just randomly removed Warmog's. It's like, really? Who did you hear from that said Warmog's was OP. It was used on a smallish selection of heroes to make atmogs, the only high tier ones I can think of are Pantheon (who can just as easily make frozen atma's) and Yorick (who has better builds anyway). Especially with the extremely weak excuse they "didn't have time to get an item ready." Really? How long can it possibly take to clone a warmog's move some stats around so it's balanced and mark it as Dom-only? I know they have a lot of unused item-sized icons floating around already in the installation directory. Even if Warmog's was a problem (and it was /not/) getting a replacement, even if it's a stop-gap ready should have been trivial.

Also, I laughed when I saw the Akali passive nerfs. Obviously gunblade was the only problem there! Oh wait.

With the nerf to exhaust, warmogs, and increased armor pen, obviously Riot is going for a "death in 5 seconds or your money back" strategy for 1v1 encounters in Dominion.

WaterD103

Recruiter

11-15-2011

I noticed there are 3 nerfs to revive, that can keep it in check. Now its health per level instead of flath health (the hp bonus you get from revive). The movespeed is a lot less and the cd reduction was removed from the mastery.

So maybe all those 3 nerfs together will nerf revive.

Having said that I think that defense is now the best tree, I would prefer offensive were the best tree, but the tier 7 mastery is bad compared to juggernaut.