Thought process behind new masteries?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Temporality

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-15-2011

Dear Riot,

Why are there non-Dominion masteries in this rework (such as Demolitionist, Siege Commander, and Scout) yet you were sure to include Dominion-specific nerfed versions of new masteries (such as Mercenary & Sage)? I am just baffled as to why you'd promote this new game mode so hard and then push it to the side (when speaking of masteries; I know you have been working hard on it in other areas) in favor of SR. Are there plans to do anything with the aforementioned masteries? If so, could you provide us with some info on what you have in mind?

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

What exactly would they do with Demolitionist and Siege Commander for Dominion that wouldn't result in capture speed modifiers that everyone would be required to take?

Besides that, Sage and Mercenary have Dominion-specific reduced benefits because otherwise they would be far too powerful considering how quickly kills and assists come.

KimKelley

11-15-2011

There are so many amazing new ways to allocate your mastery points why worry about not having to waste one on demolitionist?

Seņor Pancho

11-15-2011

The masteries change is cool and all, but holy s... am i confused! offensive and defensive are both appealing, but at the same time, not speccing deep utility will change the way I play most of my champion :0