RIP - Priscilla Blessing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Effigy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

D***... now my Nid build has a huge hole in it.

Priscilla's Blessing was not a bad item. Yes, it encouraged BD's, but despite what ragers say it IS a part of the game. Riot does a good job at listening to the community, sure, but sometimes they take it too far. For example: Panth lost a lot of his viability when they nerfed his ult. TF didn't because he's viable in several different rolls, but Pantheon isn't nearly as versatile. His ult didn't need to be nerfed as hard as TF's because that's one of the things that makes him a good assassin; being able to jump into combat or onto a weak enemy. The global was OP, but they need to increase the range higher than TF's because Panth doesn't have the luxury of being able to light up his targets with Destiny.

Priscilla's didn't need to be removed, just reworked:
Remove the Speed Boost Active and replace it with a Cap Rage Bonus Active (90s CD) and change the recipe but leave the cost the same.

Before:

Rejuvenation Bead + Rejuvenation Bead + 1100 = 1600
+25 Health Regen per 5 seconds
UNIQUE Passive: +15% Capture Rate (does not stack with other Capture Rate modifiers).
UNIQUE Active: +30% Movement Speed for 2 seconds (60 second cooldown).

After:

Regrowth Pendant + Rejuvenation Bead + Rejuvenation Bead + 665 = 1600
+40 Health Regen per 5 seconds
UNIQUE Active: +15% Capture Rate (does not stack with other Capture Rate modifiers). (90 Second Cooldown.)

lbgsloan

11-15-2011

RIP? Rot in hell is more like it. Final game I played of last patch the enemy team got a mobilty/PB troll Zilean. He did nothing but try to ninja-cap, accomplished nothing, and single-handedly lost them the game since it was essentially now a 4v5 (he capped nothing, a TF was on him all game and kept killing him, plus we had Karthus to Ion Cannon him if needed). I'm sure he enjoyed his 9 reports at the end of that one, and I'm sure everyone else is quite glad people can't do that anymore and pretend it was somehow a legitimate game-winning strategy.

Quote:
but Pantheon isn't nearly as versatile
What? Pantheon is stupidly good on Dominion. Far better than TF in most cases.

Effigy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

Quote:
What? Pantheon is stupidly good on Dominion. Far better than TF in most cases.
I'm not talking about Panth's Dominion viability, just giving an example of another time when Riot listened to the community too much. Yes, Pantheon is far more viable on Dominion, but I'm far less likely to play him on Rift because his ult was nerfed so hard.

lbgsloan

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggernautMagnum View Post
I'm not talking about Panth's Dominion viability, just giving an example of another time when Riot listened to the community too much. Yes, Pantheon is far more viable on Dominion, but I'm far less likely to play him on Rift because his ult was nerfed so hard.
That's just it though, if you buffed Pantheon's ult he becomes firstpick/firstban status on Dominion. I fully agree he has problems still on SR, but it's like a Xin/Poppy situation; how do you buff them for SR without pushing them to gamebreaker status on Dominion? It's a difficult trick, and one I couldn't answer myself.

Anyway, the six or seven people who bought Priscilla's Blessing and used it correctly - as a late game purchase - were very much the minority. Pretty much every time I saw it, the person with it did NOTHING but try to ninja-cap all game. You can't patch stupid, so I'm going to agree with Riot here and say it was the right call to axe it.

Yaladilae

11-15-2011

You guys hate ninja capper who fail to ninja cap and win games

I've had plenty of games who I sucessfully win games as the ninja cappers, including a couple 4v5 situations

Yes, those are the minority, but they did make the game fun while it lasted

Louis from L4D

11-15-2011

BDing is exactly what Dominion isn't about. Dominion was brought about to be more combative and faster paced. There's almost no combat involved in BDing.

Phourc

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggernautMagnum View Post
The global was OP, but they need to increase the range higher than TF's because Panth doesn't have the luxury of being able to light up his targets with Destiny.
Eh, it's not that great of a comparison IMO, Panth's teleport does a ****-ton of damage if you can hit them towards the middle of it, and it's AoE.... Honestly I've seen him do really good trying to pop it off in larger fights, sort of a manly crowstorm xP

Anyway, priscilla's blessing: I did not like the item, but I don't think removing it was the right thing to do. If it was changed to have useful stats, perhaps HEALTH so that a tanky or supporty character wouldn't feel like a total tard picking it up to help in teamfights, the increased cap speed would actually be pretty neat.

As it was though it was dropping like 1/5 of your total gold on the ability to be annoying. It won't be missed.