RIP - Priscilla Blessing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

I am going to summarise my thoughts in here about why Priscilla Blessing is NOT game breaking at-all, and here is why

Hater's are gonna hate, so i am not going to rage or care about whoever downvotes

Before I start, I have played about 100 games of Dominion now (not much I know) and 80% of them playing a "full-cap" / "backdoor" role

The advantage is:
1) Takes pressure off your team and puts pressure on the other to stopping you
2) Allowing your game to "buy time" when you're loosing
3) Makes game much more exciting then just fights everywhere

The disadvantage is:
1) The time it takes to capture a point (analysed below)
2) You always are 1 man down in team fights (4v5)
3) You might not succeed if others plays counter / have a simliar role as well, it evens out
4) You're virtually useless if your team is winning

Now having this role surely produces PROs and CONs like I've said, but now let me explain capture time.

Let's name all the points Windmill (Top) being A, then B C D E going clockwise
Assume I am the blue team. Usual start is take D E and fight for A
At any point in game, if A B C is controlled by purple, and a purple champ is defending A, I can always go and cap B.
The capture time is like this:
1) A spots you in map and moves towards B, at the same time you start capturing. With Priscilla Blessing, you neutralise the point, but have NO WAY have enough time to finish the job
2) A spots you in map and moves towards B, at the same time you start capturing. Without Priscilla Blessing, the point remains theirs

No, the point is not mine, but I can ease pressure on my nexus loosing health.
Without Priscilla Blessing, it would be very difficult to achieve such objective.

Note the point is still not mine, but it buys time and makes game more exciting, but NOT game breaking.

So please RIOT, reconsider before taking this item away.

Let me add a couple screenshot later
Feel free to discuss / ask me anything about this

FDru

11-15-2011

It's a worthless item that nobody should ever buy and it's completely irrelevant that they removed it.

XaoGarrent

11-15-2011

It promoted an incredibly frustrating playstyle (for both teams none the less), I for one am glad to see *****zilla's Blessing removed and I hope it finds a nice place to DIE IN A TIRE FIRE.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaoGarrent View Post
It promoted an incredibly frustrating playstyle (for both teams none the less), I for one am glad to see *****zilla's Blessing removed and I hope it finds a nice place to DIE IN A TIRE FIRE.
In that case, turn Dominion into Arena, why towers?
Just bloody slaughter, it's the same thing really.

coffeerox

11-15-2011

Having Priscillas makes the difference in neutralizing and not neutralizing the cap. You can't get the entire cap, but you can neutralize it and run away and they'll be forced to come deal with you and recap the point. If you stay there for capping the entire tower and you know they're coming for you (example: Teemo's/Rammus) then you end up feeding their team.

The item promoted a terrible playstyle though which forced your teammates into a 4v5 and with bad team comps in randoms, it usually makes it very bad, especially when they don't have a BD and have all 5 members available to them. With an average of about 10.5k in gold, BD's never had the items to actually be viable in a fight.

pewpewsie

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
I am going to summarise my thoughts in here about why Priscilla Blessing is NOT game breaking at-all, and here is why

Hater's are gonna hate, so i am not going to rage or care about whoever downvotes

Before I start, I have played about 100 games of Dominion now (not much I know) and 80% of them playing a "full-cap" / "backdoor" role

The advantage is:
1) Takes pressure off your team and puts pressure on the other to stopping you
2) Allowing your game to "buy time" when you're loosing
3) Makes game much more exciting then just fights everywhere

The disadvantage is:
1) The time it takes to capture a point (analysed below)
2) You always are 1 man down in team fights (4v5)
3) You might not succeed if others plays counter / have a simliar role as well, it evens out
4) You're virtually useless if your team is winning

Now having this role surely produces PROs and CONs like I've said, but now let me explain capture time.

Let's name all the points Windmill (Top) being A, then B C D E going clockwise
Assume I am the blue team. Usual start is take D E and fight for A
At any point in game, if A B C is controlled by purple, and a purple champ is defending A, I can always go and cap B.
The capture time is like this:
1) A spots you in map and moves towards B, at the same time you start capturing. With Priscilla Blessing, you neutralise the point, but have NO WAY have enough time to finish the job
2) A spots you in map and moves towards B, at the same time you start capturing. Without Priscilla Blessing, the point remains theirs

No, the point is not mine, but I can ease pressure on my nexus loosing health.
Without Priscilla Blessing, it would be very difficult to achieve such objective.

Note the point is still not mine, but it buys time and makes game more exciting, but NOT game breaking.

So please RIOT, reconsider before taking this item away.

Let me add a couple screenshot later
Feel free to discuss / ask me anything about this
You are a BD ****, huh?

atlas304

11-15-2011

i say good riddance. people who backdoor on my team never took it. the opposite was true for the opposing team.

;_;

TouchinMyself

11-15-2011

I wouldnt say it was game breaking but it was rather poor for the stats and promoted bad gameplay. Good riddance.

PriorityOne

11-15-2011

Priscilla's Blessing was a bad item.

The stats it gave were bad except for the capture bonus so it was basically only used for BD'ing. In fact, once you bought it you were down 1600 gold compared to anyone you were fighting so at that point all you could do was backdoor.

Not only did this make it a n00b trap but it promoted a style of play that was unfun to play against and backfired more often than it succeeded (in my experience).

Bhikshu

11-15-2011

Priscilla's encouraged BDing. You put that on a Rammus, Eve, Twitch, or Shaco, and you've got someone who can cap (or at least neutralize) almost any point that isn't being actively guarded. Backdooring is a playstyle that encourages people to do exactly the sort of thing you DON'T want to see in this sort of game-- either sit on points and never, ever leave because you know someone will fly along and neutralize the thing literally before anyone can get there, OR every game has a Shaco and Heimer on both teams so that backdooring is impossible. Priscilla's encourages a brute force approach-- there's no personal skill at all required to execute a backdoor with it (there wasn't to begin with, but at least without priscilla's BDing was less likely to succeed).