The nerf on kayle...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ixcel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2010

after the kayle nerf i accidently forgot to queue dodge a kayle and he died 30 times with 0 kills... what in the Fcking world? >.> oh yeah after the nerf i also broke my record of max 7 deaths into a max 14 deaths (thank you, unpatched heart seeker strike bug!! GOOOOD)

The Boz

06-28-2010

I am worried they'll take it too far, again...

Whyumai

06-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
I am worried they'll take it too far, again...
It's almost guaranteed because it's an ult that is very hard to balance. Gameplay wise it's problematic because with certain team combinations it's always going to be OP, while with other combinations it's UP. Since players search for the OP combinations, it generally will be seen as OP. Basically it's an ult that requires balancing across the board with regards to it's usage with kayle and the usage within all possible team combinations. Not easy stuff.

Salacavalini

06-28-2010

Kayle's ultimate needs a complete makeover/replacement. You can't "balance" an invulnerability bubble with no inherent downsides with number tweaking alone.

Alaric11

06-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salacavalini View Post
Kayle's ultimate needs a complete makeover/replacement. You can't "balance" an invulnerability bubble with no inherent downsides with number tweaking alone.
the same way tibbers has no inherent downside?

no your right, it should just make whoever she casts it on take triple damage.

Cherise

06-28-2010

Small buffs and small nerfs is the key...

I think her ult should either be 5 seconds on herself and 3 seconds on allies as someone suggested. Or even better 3 seconds at all ranks but with CC immunity. Kayle players only tolerated her ult currently because the duration became longer at higher ranks and at lower ranks 3 seconds is all you needed since you're most likely just laning. Lets be realistic, 3 second damage immunity in a TEAM FIGHT late game without CC immunity is counter productive. Kayle's ult is suppose to save someone or allow carries more time to fire their guns. Most CC in the game will take the majority if not all of her ult time meaning a lower cool down would not balance her ult at all. It will make her ult utterly useless.

PhoenixBomb

06-28-2010

I'm also on board with the CC immunity idea IF it's only a 3 second duration.

Here's another thing to consider: what distinguishes her ult from Shen's with these changes? There are only a few (not scarce, but few in comparison) circumstances under which you will be able to break through Shen's shield that much faster than 3 seconds. The only 1v1 situation I can think of is vs a fed carry. However, you also get Shen teleporting to you, so the ult already has more merit than the shield itself.

When Shen came out, there was a lot of scrubs complaining about him making Kayle's ult obsolete. They were wrong then, but they'd be more correct now...correct enough that I think a change like this warrants concern.

DayInTheSun

06-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamers View Post
yeah I agree.

Her early game is way to weak. She can't really farm well at all. It takes ages now just to get the rageblade.
I can farm just fine with her. It takes a couple of levels of righteous fury to get the cooldown lowered, and even then it's easy to last hit because you do so much damage to creeps with it on,

People who complain about Kayle's damage output obviously don't realize that she's a support champion, first and foremost.

EPvper Seskahin

06-28-2010

they are planning to stomb their to the grouwnd again

Whyumai

06-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixBomb View Post
I'm also on board with the CC immunity idea IF it's only a 3 second duration.

Here's another thing to consider: what distinguishes her ult from Shen's with these changes? There are only a few (not scarce, but few in comparison) circumstances under which you will be able to break through Shen's shield that much faster than 3 seconds. The only 1v1 situation I can think of is vs a fed carry. However, you also get Shen teleporting to you, so the ult already has more merit than the shield itself.

When Shen came out, there was a lot of scrubs complaining about him making Kayle's ult obsolete. They were wrong then, but they'd be more correct now...correct enough that I think a change like this warrants concern.
Shen's ult:
1) shields one person other then Shen
2) also shields Shen
3) is a teleport
making it infinitely better then a 3 second invulnerability on one person.

arguably, Shen's ult is more logical on Kayle then on a ninja.