Why are people STILL so bad at dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0xiDIzE

11-14-2011

Seriously, is it just that nobody cares about winning in this mode at all? My last two teams have had 4 squishy AP casters and me as the only tanky DPS. This doesn't work in SR, and it's five times worse in dominion. One AP champion on a team is typically one too many. Unless maybe you're Rumble/Poppy/Sion and you can actually take more than two hits from Jax before going down.

Roger Barbossa

11-15-2011

if u are still thinking about tanks in dominion, you are still bad at dominions.... LOL

LordRandomness

11-15-2011

Lux is fine, kthx >_>

Yuan Shikai

11-15-2011

lol, best teamcomp is 2AD/3AP or 3AD/2AP, only one kind of champion is unbelievable stupid, much too easy to counter, the important thing is just to choose the RIGHT champ and one you can play

Cryswar

11-15-2011

Best team comp: Eve, Twitch, Shaco, Teemo, Rammus.

PROVE ME WRONG.

Seņor Pancho

11-15-2011

Quote:
Best team comp: Eve, Twitch, Shaco, Teemo, Rammus.

PROVE ME WRONG.
have fun getting smoked at windmill with this crappy lineup
have fun losing bot lane as teemo against a promote yorick
have fun getting hextech swept by blitz, then combo'd into oblivion
have fun not being able to ninja-cap against a team of players with 3 brain cells

Yuan Shikai

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Pancho View Post
have fun getting smoked at windmill with this crappy lineup
have fun losing bot lane as teemo against a promote yorick
have fun getting hextech swept by blitz, then combo'd into oblivion
have fun not being able to ninja-cap against a team of players with 3 brain cells
Have you, like, even REALIZED the sarcasm?

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

because dunking is more fun than winning

Elealar

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xiDIzE View Post
Seriously, is it just that nobody cares about winning in this mode at all? My last two teams have had 4 squishy AP casters and me as the only tanky DPS. This doesn't work in SR, and it's five times worse in dominion. One AP champion on a team is typically one too many. Unless maybe you're Rumble/Poppy/Sion and you can actually take more than two hits from Jax before going down.
Probably because you, the opening post, showcase how hard it is to find accurate information on anything on this map. People simply don't know stuff. Some people bother to read forums trying to glean some useful information for the game and read 90% garbage posts. People are so bad because with no high level Dominion streamers, no public channel of information and no replays, everyone has to figure everything out with their own friend circle. And since most players have no clue how League of Legends in general work, you'll have people coming up with stupid **** and then being convinced that they're right 'cause they won a game and dismissing anyone disagreeing with them as a "noob"/"fool"/whatever.

As for your specific complaint, you really, really need to learn what "kiting" means. 4 APs, while suboptimal due to resistances being so efficient, tends to lend itself well to a kiting strategy with lots of CC and long range abilities. Many of the Tanky DPS teams you so enamour are completely shut down by kiting teams so much so that it isn't even a game. Try playing a dozen games with Ezreal for instance; should give you a decent idea of how and why kiting works.

Yuan Shikai

11-15-2011

@ Elealar: I wish I could give you a dozen upvotes.