Chogath is Top-Tier (Again): The Definitive Guide by 5HITCOMBO

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Al3xander

07-02-2010

One thing is sure.. I'd love to play a game vs you, and kill you over and over and over early game since you are building zhonya's (mention: early game is cho's strong point.. try not to take that from him with your build..)

Scrubtast1c

07-02-2010

hi LoL noob here

when you say wards.. what item do you mean?

and

when you said "To get your stacks back: Blue Elixir"

what stacks are you talking about?

FABIOForever

07-02-2010

There's really no point to super tanking Cho like this and then not even get something like sunfire so that the enemy pays for ignoring you. You get all survival items and the only remotely offensive item choice is thornmail. If that's the case then who in the world would be dumb enough to target you? They just ignore you and focus on your teammates while your damage output is gimped. Chogath can still be semi-useful in a fight without that stuff with his long lasting AoE silence, but you even ignore leveling that until the very end.

Saavedra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

Had good success with this build, somehow ended up with the most kills on my team...

The only comment I want to make is about late game post warmog defensive items. I would never get Banshee Veil. The 1 spell blocked is too easily overcome and it provides surprisingly low MR. I would in most cases just go guardian angel, but if I REALLY needed MR, I'd probably do Force of Nature instead. I agree with OP about Rylai or Void Staff when needed, this is just for the times where you need more defense. I suppose I could consider thornmail under the right circumstance, but I generally find that any situation where thornmail is useful, I would rather have frozen heart.

5HATCOMBO

07-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABIOForever View Post
There's really no point to super tanking Cho like this and then not even get something like sunfire so that the enemy pays for ignoring you. You get all survival items and the only remotely offensive item choice is thornmail. If that's the case then who in the world would be dumb enough to target you? They just ignore you and focus on your teammates while your damage output is gimped. Chogath can still be semi-useful in a fight without that stuff with his long lasting AoE silence, but you even ignore leveling that until the very end.
Did you read the right build because I max Q (rupture) and W (Scream) before E (Spikes), my FIRST ITEM is Zhonya's (+200 damage on almost all his abilities) and Sunfire is SO BAD on Cho it's not even funny because his movespeed is **** and doing 50 damage a tick is really, really dumb when you nuke combo for 2k.

You sound like you didn't read anything, assumed I was going tank Cho, and flamed me.

5HATCOMBO

07-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by unentschieden View Post
Well the build looks reasonable in some aspects but itīs always wrong to get Warmoggs. Saying that you need defense to maintain Stacks may be alright but
A) Warmoggs is a terrible terrible item that is very inefficient (even full!) and isnīt worth it on anyone. If you need HP that much just grab two Giants Belts. Not to mention that you save all the Time needed to farm Warmoggs and itīs stacks.
B)If Enemys see Cho and want to kill him they gear anti-max HP like Bloodrazor and Deathfire Grasp since with 6 stacks he has the highest base HP out of any champion. That makes ridiculus HP even worse even if Warmoggs WAS cost effective.
You are better served with Guardian Angel if you can avoid dieing every 2 Minutes (you should, ESPECIALLY as cho).
Okay, good points .

5HATCOMBO

07-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xander View Post
One thing is sure.. I'd love to play a game vs you, and kill you over and over and over early game since you are building zhonya's (mention: early game is cho's strong point.. try not to take that from him with your build..)
What item do you rush on Cho? Rushing NLR->Zhonya's is HUGE early game, it's the same AP that you get from a fully charged (15 minutes after you buy it) Rod of Ages from JUST THE NEEDLESSLY LARGE ROD.

Backdoor Brian

07-04-2010

ITT: Hater's hating 5hit's win. Seriously.

5HATCOMBO

07-06-2010

Lately, on everyone's advice, I've been skipping Warmog's and it's been doing pretty well if I just go Zhonya's>boots>GA>FoN or Thornmail>etc.

If I always get FoN and a Rylai's at some point I'm still decently tanky, in the 3-4k hp range. I'll update the guide accordingly soon. I still advocate Warmog's in softer games, but sometimes you won't have that luxury.

unentschieden

07-09-2010

Also something to consider is thinking about getting Zhonyas first if all you need is AP AND Zhonyas is the ONLY AP you get. Zhonyas on itīs own is ineffective, Gold/AP it starts being cost effective if you already have a different AP item. That said the reason to go Zhonyas first is to abuse the active yet Iīm unshure Cho can really do that, he has no Turrets like Heimer and his CDīs are too long to consider the time bought a advantage - unless you have reliable Teammates.
The 120 AP on it are from itīs components, you pay the reciepe price for the unique active and the passive. Again is the Active worth 1000Gold for Cho? The Passive definetly isnīt worth it if Zhonyas is the only AP you get.
If you want pure AP early on, why not just stack NLRs? Lucky picks are also extremely attractive very early AP items. Just try replacing Zhonyas with Deathfire grasp, itīs less AP but actually more singletarget nukerotation damage with the active.