Chogath is Top-Tier (Again): The Definitive Guide by 5HITCOMBO

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

5HATCOMBO

Senior Member

07-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftySuspect View Post
What about 3v3?
I've been meaning to get around to this, but I haven't had time to format the whole thing. Basically take Rupture first but max Vorpal Spikes with one point in Scream (QEEWER) then R>Q>E>W. Scream is a little less useful on TT because you don't have the mana for it and it's not a very strong nuke, and the large amount of targeted stun you face on TT makes it extremely useful to have rupture for the second-stun/knockup slow AoE. It forces the other team to make really hard decisions.

You open Ruby Crystal for the level 1 teamfight, regen is useless in comparison to the extra HP and you're actually going to rush phage > merc treads > frozen mallet. You're playing more of a dps disabler build on TT, abusing his ridiculously good auto-attack + vorpal scaling (it's the best in the game per level even without adding vorpal on every attack). Feast nuke is feast nuke, you don't really care about stacks on TT but it's nice to have them. I take ghost/cleanse still, sometimes it's worthwhile to have smite if nobody else has it. After you get your Frozen Mallet, get Stark's or a defensive item. Cho's a lot tankier in 3v3 so you should abuse how strong he is in small teamfights with rupture/AoE auto-attacks that slow. If you get lizard, even better. After Stark's/defensive item go for a GA, or make GA the defensive item in the first place. Either way, Cho's really good on TT with the right team comp (I like Kayle/Taric or a similar ranged carry/single-target stun support combination).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunflame

Senior Member

07-01-2010

Chogath is pretty weak in 3v3...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magnituude

Junior Member

07-01-2010

Personally I like the old araragi build which does:

Doran's ring + pot

Boots (sorc boots normally)/ Mejai's

then rush GA

then get the 740 MR item first and finish banshee's (game is usually over before its finished)

Once you get the MR item, you have approx 140 armor and 110 MR which makes you VERY hard to kill especially if you've been good at keeping up with your feasts.

I also go 9/0/21 on this build Why go defensive if you aren't going dodge runes?

My runes are magic pen marks, hp / per level (think about changing to mana regen like you said), cd reduction and i have move speed quints, but would like to replace with something else at some point.

I do like ignite to kill healers and mundo types and for that last little bit if your feast doesn't finish them off.

Frankly neglecting MR makes you a very easy kill for nuke heavy teams and lowers you viability.

Also why go all that AP without magic pen?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Priamos

Senior Member

07-01-2010

I prefer building Aegis / Shroud on Cho'Gath, but that's just me. If the enemy team is whoring DPS guys, Frozen Heart is a no-brainer. If it's casters, I go either Abyssal or Banshee's Veil.

Ignore the haters, Warmogs is a viable choice since Cho'Gath can farm fairly well. Just make sure you get some MR, or it's Madreds and gg.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SwiftySuspect

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5HITCOMBO View Post
I've been meaning to get around to this, but I haven't had time to format the whole thing. Basically take Rupture first but max Vorpal Spikes with one point in Scream (QEEWER) then R>Q>E>W. Scream is a little less useful on TT because you don't have the mana for it and it's not a very strong nuke, and the large amount of targeted stun you face on TT makes it extremely useful to have rupture for the second-stun/knockup slow AoE. It forces the other team to make really hard decisions.

You open Ruby Crystal for the level 1 teamfight, regen is useless in comparison to the extra HP and you're actually going to rush phage > merc treads > frozen mallet. You're playing more of a dps disabler build on TT, abusing his ridiculously good auto-attack + vorpal scaling (it's the best in the game per level even without adding vorpal on every attack). Feast nuke is feast nuke, you don't really care about stacks on TT but it's nice to have them. I take ghost/cleanse still, sometimes it's worthwhile to have smite if nobody else has it. After you get your Frozen Mallet, get Stark's or a defensive item. Cho's a lot tankier in 3v3 so you should abuse how strong he is in small teamfights with rupture/AoE auto-attacks that slow. If you get lizard, even better. After Stark's/defensive item go for a GA, or make GA the defensive item in the first place. Either way, Cho's really good on TT with the right team comp (I like Kayle/Taric or a similar ranged carry/single-target stun support combination).

This has worked out pretty well. To double check, this was basically it right?

Ruby Crystal
Phage
Boots based on team
Complete Frozen Mallet
Last 2 slots=situational, but usually Starks/defensive item like Aegis/GA

I tried early soulstealer instead of page, and I hated when they would run off from me so your suggestion of Phage should've been listened to. After going phage and following that order it seemed to be a lot better.

I've only been playing 2 weeks though, but it's been ok for the most part. I mainly played Gragas because of how awesome he is on that map and I've been looking for a replacement because I don't want to spend my IP yet. I also don't like 5v5 as much so I've been looking for a decent 3v3 champ and Cho seems to fit it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

5HATCOMBO

Senior Member

07-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillpiccolol View Post
Personally I like the old araragi build which does:

Doran's ring + pot

Boots (sorc boots normally)/ Mejai's

then rush GA

then get the 740 MR item first and finish banshee's (game is usually over before its finished)

Once you get the MR item, you have approx 140 armor and 110 MR which makes you VERY hard to kill especially if you've been good at keeping up with your feasts.

I also go 9/0/21 on this build Why go defensive if you aren't going dodge runes?

My runes are magic pen marks, hp / per level (think about changing to mana regen like you said), cd reduction and i have move speed quints, but would like to replace with something else at some point.

I do like ignite to kill healers and mundo types and for that last little bit if your feast doesn't finish them off.

Frankly neglecting MR makes you a very easy kill for nuke heavy teams and lowers you viability.

Also why go all that AP without magic pen?
I like that build but you really have to snowball with it and dying absolutely loses you all effectiveness because then you're a low hp, low ap character that needs to feast minions to grow and or risk being in a fight with a melee-range nuke. I also feel that with my mp5/lv glyphs and seals + my passive, I don't need Doran's Ring.

Getting MR is crucial against nuke-heavy teams, which is why I have Banshee's and FoN in my after slots. Usually I'll also get Merc Treads.

As for Mpen, obviously if they're stacking MR you need a Void Staff, but if they're not, your only two AP items are really Zhonya's and Rylai's, if you get the Rylai's. Given, those are pretty expensive AP items, but towards late game you should be transitioning into the tank/disabler role instead of the siege/nuke role because late game if your team gets aced you lose all your towers anyway and there's no point in siege anymore.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

5HATCOMBO

Senior Member

07-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftySuspect View Post
This has worked out pretty well. To double check, this was basically it right?

Ruby Crystal
Phage
Boots based on team
Complete Frozen Mallet
Last 2 slots=situational, but usually Starks/defensive item like Aegis/GA

I tried early soulstealer instead of page, and I hated when they would run off from me so your suggestion of Phage should've been listened to. After going phage and following that order it seemed to be a lot better.

I've only been playing 2 weeks though, but it's been ok for the most part. I mainly played Gragas because of how awesome he is on that map and I've been looking for a replacement because I don't want to spend my IP yet. I also don't like 5v5 as much so I've been looking for a decent 3v3 champ and Cho seems to fit it.
Mejai's is bad on TT on most characters, but Cho especially. You're playing a completely different mindset on TT, it's more of a "i'm a big character with really high attack damage and a melee-range nuke and two AoE disables." You don't really care about preserving feast stacks as much as you care about winning the teamfight, so if you can sacrifice yourself to hit that crucial rupture, do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunflame View Post
Chogath is pretty weak in 3v3...
Personally, I disagree, because I run with good comps. Cho is really beastly on TT if you play him right, but it all depends on your team and your skill anyway. If you or your team are bad at TT or bad at Cho you're going to be bad on TT with Cho.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garathmir

Junior Member

07-02-2010

so this is what you do when you get banned from tl.net?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

5HATCOMBO

Senior Member

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garathmir View Post
so this is what you do when you get banned from tl.net?
I asked for that ban myself and I'm ZERG_RUSSIAN on the LoL thread on TL. I asked for the ban like 2 years ago, what are you getting at?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

unentschieden

Senior Member

07-02-2010

Well the build looks reasonable in some aspects but itīs always wrong to get Warmoggs. Saying that you need defense to maintain Stacks may be alright but
A) Warmoggs is a terrible terrible item that is very inefficient (even full!) and isnīt worth it on anyone. If you need HP that much just grab two Giants Belts. Not to mention that you save all the Time needed to farm Warmoggs and itīs stacks.
B)If Enemys see Cho and want to kill him they gear anti-max HP like Bloodrazor and Deathfire Grasp since with 6 stacks he has the highest base HP out of any champion. That makes ridiculus HP even worse even if Warmoggs WAS cost effective.
You are better served with Guardian Angel if you can avoid dieing every 2 Minutes (you should, ESPECIALLY as cho).