Best tank/defender in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hikaru Genji

11-14-2011

Yorick vs. Leona.

She can hug turret all day long. E and W will continue to harass until the minion wave with Promoted boss minion remove turret protection in ~2 seconds. Exhaust? That's ok. Yorick still has 3 unexhausted minions hitting Leona, slowing her, healing him, while he runs away till his CD's are back. And then repeats again. She has no sustain, and Yorick will whittle her down to nothing. Attack him? Minion wave caps tower. Attack minions? He beats the snot out of Leona. GG.

And yes, tanky Yorick is what wins bots. A Triforce tin foil Yorick can't 1v2 or 1v3, and if he dies, he's just lost his tower and doesn't have the tankiness to dive it and take it back without help.

Frozen Berserker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

I just played with Nasus and even without a huge amount of stacks I was still able to dish out huge damage and take on multiple people at once. It took 3 people to take me off my point and finally kill me. I may of been 4/10/8 (it's hard to kill Leblanc, Twitch, and Caitlin when they can get away so easily) but really since they constantly had to get 3 people to kill me and take back bot my team kept getting other points.

TouchinMyself

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru Genji View Post
Yorick vs. Leona.

She can hug turret all day long. E and W will continue to harass until the minion wave with Promoted boss minion remove turret protection in ~2 seconds. Exhaust? That's ok. Yorick still has 3 unexhausted minions hitting Leona, slowing her, healing him, while he runs away till his CD's are back. And then repeats again. She has no sustain, and Yorick will whittle her down to nothing. Attack him? Minion wave caps tower. Attack minions? He beats the snot out of Leona. GG.

And yes, tanky Yorick is what wins bots. A Triforce tin foil Yorick can't 1v2 or 1v3, and if he dies, he's just lost his tower and doesn't have the tankiness to dive it and take it back without help.
The question was best defender NOT best pusher. Yorick defending a point would get absolutely slaughtered by many champs. Yorick relies on his ability to push and kill on bot lane. He is not a very good defender.

mufins

11-14-2011

bot lane yorick is countered by singed/trundle

good day

Frozen Berserker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufins View Post
bot lane yorick is countered by singed/trundle

good day
Almost forgot about singed he is defiantly one of the best bot lane defenders his poison lets him push bot while he can guard versus many people with his ult and tankyness from stuff like frozen heart. I remember that when I do bot against a singed I never win without some sort of gank to help me get him off.

Aikimiller

11-15-2011

if you want someone that just won't die...

Singed is a beast in that regard.

I've been playing a lot of Jarvan lately, and he's actually a very good defender. Pack garrison, and just wait for someone to come in range of your tower. Ult, garrison, and you have a free kill.

Zavy

11-15-2011

Alistar is one of THE best defenders in my opinion. With his ult up he can hold a point against 3-4 enemies for an almost ungodly amount of time, allowing your team time to cap a different point, or come to his aid. I personally don't play him, but I group with a guy who does and he's simply awesome with him.

ActionButlerGO

11-15-2011

I've successfully held off three with Morg many times before.

Other than her, the only other champ who comes to mind is Alistar. I hate playing against him. Something about my brain just breaks whenever I have to attack a point he is defending.

KimKelley

11-15-2011

Hands down I vote Maokai. I've seen a maokai hold vs 3 for the entirety of the time it takes me to leisurely wander from bottom to top. It's insane. He can also clear minions, has great sustain, and also has ranged harass.

NetherGate

11-15-2011

Heimer, just build him right.