Best tank/defender in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gnmish

11-14-2011

Just a quick question to all you Dominion players out there, who do you all think is the best tank/defender in Dominion.

What I'm looking for is a champ that can hold a point against 2 or even 3 opponents while help arrives and in their spare time can push a lane from a defensive stance.

Thoughts?

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

Top of my head, Maokai and Cho'gath can do those things.

Both are reasonably tanky.

Maokai has saplings that he can place to scout for incoming enemies from the jungle, use saplings and Arcane Smash to push from a decent distance, has a root to prevent enemies from running out of tower range if they dive him, and his ultimate gives the flat damage reduction.

Cho'gath can use Rupture to push from a distance, Scream and Vorpal Spikes to push harder if it's safe, has great burst damage and CC that can be used to instantly take out a single attacker and keep the other ones from getting away. Feast can be used to stop Promote pushes cold and with CDR will be up soon enough for the next fight.

Both of them can use their ranged abilities to stall for quite a while, especially with some CDR. When built tanky AP, saplings and Rupture will actually hurt a lot and they'll also be capable of pushing from a defensive position even harder.

webbut

11-14-2011

I've been playing Nunu. You can rush Will of the Ancients or Gunblade. Your Q combined with spell vamp heals you for almost a 3rd of your health.

People will fight you, you will get low then you'll run to their creeps eat one and continue to shoot ice balls at them they will fight you and die or have sense enough to let you push.

Promote and blood boil the creep and you become a pushing god.

And people have more of a tenacity to fight in Dominion no matter the circumstances so doing things like garsoning a tower you are defending and using your ult can score you giant rewards.

Necks

11-14-2011

Surprisingly, Fiddlesticks handles 1 v 2-3 situations very well. You basically fear one target, which shuts them down for 3 seconds. You throw your Dark Wind which bounces around the opponents multiple times, and drain a different target. If you have exhaust, you can use that to shut down someone who isn't feared, too.

And of course, it gets a lot easier to defend vs 2-3 opponents when you have your Crowstorm ultimate ready to use.

Hikaru Genji

11-14-2011

Yorick. I play him tanky with Promote and Revive, and I 1v2 or 1v3 25-50% of the time during the game, no matter who I'm up against. My minion wave is boss. Think you're going to gank me? Enjoy the aggro as I slow you with W and then sprint away with Q.

About to kill me? That's fine. I can still ult myself. Killed one of you guys. Oh, my turret didn't drop the your teammate? No worries. Revive. Hi there. =)

TehLove

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru Genji View Post
Yorick. I play him tanky with Promote and Revive, and I 1v2 or 1v3 25-50% of the time during the game, no matter who I'm up against. My minion wave is boss. Think you're going to gank me? Enjoy the aggro as I slow you with W and then sprint away with Q.

About to kill me? That's fine. I can still ult myself. Killed one of you guys. Oh, my turret didn't drop the your teammate? No worries. Revive. Hi there. =)
Yorick is amazing in Dominion. I like to consider him a sleeper champ in dominion.

I really feel his strengths lie in bot lane pushing. he holds well, and can push on the two most irritating defenders in Dominion(AP Shaco and Herpaderpadinger) with no problem at all. Very underated champ for that game mode. ^_^d

adhlas

11-14-2011

Sleeper? Yorick is by no means sleeper. He is also not quite underrated. People know what he can do and what he can do is push do his heart's content as well as take you down in a 1v1 bot (or a 1v2 for that matter).

I think quite a lot of the community (hopefully...I shouldn't generalize for the whole LoL community >____>) know how powerful a good Yorick can be bot. Now...along the lines of building Yorick tanky...I'm not so sure. Most I've seen go for physical damage. Haven't really seen that many tank builds out of Yoricks.

Stez007

11-14-2011

Morgana can hold against two reasonably well. Snare/Shackle and Garrison are devastating, and she pushes quite well, too.

Elealar

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhlas View Post
Sleeper? Yorick is by no means sleeper. He is also not quite underrated. People know what he can do and what he can do is push do his heart's content as well as take you down in a 1v1 bot (or a 1v2 for that matter).
He's actually overrated currently. Though funnily enough, same seems to apply to everything in Dominion playerbase; at least the loud part. As soon as something becomes heavily played it's "OMG OP!" even though it's probably merely "strong". And players would rather spend time complaining about it than figuring out how to beat it.

See: Jax, Akali, Rammus, Shaco, Ryze, Poppy, Blitz, Yorick, Kassadin (so far; more to come as the game gets older)

TouchinMyself

11-14-2011

If you're talking purely about the ability to hold a point against all odds, Leona. Of all the champs i play regularly she is the absolute hardest to dislodge from a point. Insanely tanky, plenty of CC and enough AOE to stop capture attempts.

With Garrison and exhaust up it takes a lot to move her.