skar-skar-skarner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wolferer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2014

Prior to the adjustment/rework in the latest past, I was a little skeptical almost entirely because of how much they were gutting the damage on his E. Well, it turns out that AP Skarner has died for our sins, and we are left with a champion who is at home on his home turf.

Overview of changes:
- Ultimate cooldown reduction is great for Dominion because it was often hard to have things to attack.
- The passive stuns are small, and mostly just good for chasing or peeling. (.5 second stun often won't even do anything due to cast times)
- Damage is shifted from Q to Skarner's passive. A little more up-front and a little less sustained damage.
- Damage is gutted from his E, so that is strictly a one point wonder now.
- A significant burst damage pattern is added for procing 3 stack ults.
- He is so fast. Q gives 21% movement speed, W gives 32% movement speed, and you start with a solid 345 movement speed.
- Late game tankiness took a minor hit because W no longer has it's CD reduced by attacking.

Have people been trying him? How do you feel?

stormfallen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2014

How the hell do you build him now? Tank? Bruiser? Triforce? IBG?

FDru

06-19-2014

You build him pure glass then run around killing idiots trying to run because they're not smart enough to just focus and drop you in 2 seconds.

wolferer

06-19-2014

Triforce is core. IBG isn't worth giving up all the good stuff triforce gives you, and you don't need the slow to stick to people. I'd rather get frozen mallet if you really want that extra peel power. Even a Rylais would fill that role effectively.

Frozen Heart is a great purchase if there are champions it's good versus. Wit's End is a great damage item that is also a defensive item. I've bought Zeke's Herald a few times because I wanted lifesteal and CDR at the same time (if you have a Triforce and a Wit's End, that's basically what you want). I don't recommend Essence Reaver, Sanguine is way better and much cheaper. I think it's better to get straight damage items than penetration items if are going that route because Skarner is pretty hybrid. If you're bot lane vs someone with 200 armor, LW is good, but I couldn't see myself ever buying it top lane.

Skarner still scales pretty well with AP, but mostly as a defensive stat (.8 ratio on W). Ult has a 1.0 ratio, but that isn't very often. If you just stack pure AP you aren't going to do damage. It's honestly pretty hard to find an item that isn't good on Skarner.

stormfallen

06-19-2014

TF rush or get some CDR first? What runes, AS, ArPen, HyPen? Defensive masteries I assume?

Behold the Void

06-19-2014

I had some good fun with him yesterday, I used one of my (admittedly kinda dumb) go to openings for hybrid damage fighters, Triforce and Hydra. Worked pretty well.

iDontCareLmao

06-19-2014

I've, surprisingly, seen Entropy do fairly well on him.

SylianEUW

06-19-2014

Are you talking about bot lane or top lane? I haven't seen him top much, but he seems to be working fine bot lane.

MonsterSS4

06-19-2014

Skarner is in a nice spot, excels in extended duels as long as he can auto.

MMKH

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
You build him pure glass then run around killing idiots trying to run because they're not smart enough to just focus and drop you in 2 seconds.
From my experience, even when building tank I get dropped in 2 seconds. Skarnerd still not living up to his title quite yet IMO.

I feel that his E travels way too slow and would like to see if you can use it to trigger the stacks in his new passive instead of relying on auto-attacking. He just seems like a weak Udyr but without much dueling potential.