What happens next?

[NMR] Find Morello and regroup. Now we have to fight on two fronts! 20 29.41%
[NMR] Seek peace with the IsC for now. Zileas is the greater threat. 12 17.65%
[IsC] Locate Morello. He still has Leona. He must be brought to justice. 37 54.41%
[IsC] Morello's forces are thwarted. Seek an alliance with the Dark Lord. Use him to get Leona. 10 14.71%
[LoN] Join the IsC. Do as they command. 9 13.24%
[LoN] Go rogue. Hunt down Morello. 18 26.47%
[The Knights Who Drink Tea] Drink Tea... somberly in the wake of battle... 13 19.12%
[The Knights Who Drink Tea] Drink Tea... triumphantly in the wake of battle!!! 23 33.82%
[The Anti-Fun Agenda] Find and destroy Morello for his insolence! 20 29.41%
[The Anti-Fun Agenda] Forget Morello. We have other plans! 10 14.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

[Community Event] The Riot War - Chapter 5 - Yes, I Am Mad, Bro...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reichsmann

11-14-2011

Fehourlien, the Servant

Working was as hard as ever since Zileas had come to the keep. Not only did it appear that the guards remaining at the castle were becoming less disciplined, minions could be seen wandering the halls every once and a while. What was worse is that there were whispers going about. Of guards that were becoming more loyal to Zileas and his trolling ways.

It didn't matter though. She had other things to do and think about. She was fine as long as she was left alone. Moving towards the training room, she would begin to think about Reich. She hadn't heard any news about him in some time, and his words still rang in her ears. He'd promised to come back and see her again. Perhaps even leave this dreadful life behind her.

Fehourline smiled as she realized Reich was far from being a knight in shining armor. His black armor with the strange mist coming from it was quite a contrast in fact. He was kind to her, however. Perhaps when he returned they would-

Something felt like it struck her. Not on the outside but within. Fehourlien's legs buckled beneath her, trying to support her weight. She was underfed and thin, causing her not to weigh very much... but that meant her legs weren't very strong either. Another blow on the inside of her being. It wasn't very painful, but she felt extremely sick and dizzy now. Her vision was blurring rapidly as she turned to go back for help.

Confused and lost about what was happening to her, she absentmindedly tried to brush her very long black hair from her eyes to try and see better. Taking a step she almost fell over. It took everything she had to keep herself from collapsing. The dirty servant clothes she wore felt like they weighed more then a laoded cart placed on her back.

"H-help!" She tried to cry out, but only a small whisper parted from her lips.

With one more shuddering breath, Fehourlien closed her vibrant green eyes and let her frail frame drop towards the hard stone floor when another burst of sickness swelled up inside her. The impant would come at any moment. She knew this. Waiting for it with her eyes close she felt herself falling, but the impact never came.

Opening her eyes weakly, Fehourlien let out a gasp. She was no longer in the Black Keep. Instead, she was in a strange space where both bright light and black darkness clashed together. Swirling, and contorting. It was frightning. Trying to move she found that she was held in place by an invisible force. The two exploding elements grew closer to her, and she was about to scream when she heard something. Music. The sound of which was like unto a flute. The beautiful sound moved perfectly with the clashing forces, and she felt a wave of calmness wash over her as the raging tempest drew closer.

Just as it was about to collide into her, it stopped. The raging light and darkness seperated, but not completely. The light contained some of the darkness, and the darkness contained some of the light. Two figures appeared out of both these split pieces, but Fehourlien couldn't make out any defining features except that one was composed mainly out of the dark element with a small bit of light, while the other was the opposite being that of light with a small portion of darkness.

"Is this her?" The dark form asked, something motioning at Fehourlien which she guessed would have been an arm if it actually had a shape.

The light form nodded it's non-existent head as it replied, "I believe so. The anchor that the one called Reich had placed within her has brought us here."

She could feel her mouth moving, but no words came out of it that fehourlien could hear. Both the dark and light forms appeared to be watching her, studying her. The comforting sound of the flute had disappeared, and she really wanted to know what was going on. Instead of ignoring her though, they would answer as if they could hear her words as clear as day.

"We do not know what's going on ourselves. For we were just born recently." The light form said in a calm but stern voice. "My brother and I are one and the same, but seperate. Created from the combined essence of two individuals."

Fehourlien was even more confused now, and she mouthed out what she assumed was her asking about why Reich was mentioned.

This time the dark form would speak. It's voice was much deeper and felt like it teetered on the edge of berserking. "Yes. Reich. That was what one of the individuals was called. A name I think is the word given to such a thing."

Looking at eachother with their incorporeal heads, they seemed to realize that Fehourlien was very confused at this point. Turning their heads back to her, each of them would lift one of their ghostly appendages and move it towards Fehourlien.

"We will share with you the knowledge and thoughts of those previous individuals that are now our own." They said simultaneously.

Both of their arms touched her head which was promptly flooded with images. Pictures of Reich flashed through her mind. So quickly, but cleanly. His childhood. The death of his parent's. His power. Every single memory that had been Reich's flushed in to her brain. Of him meeting her, of his fight in the Nyan's land. Of his entrapment. The Soulreaver's attempt to ending the world.

No. It was too much. Her mind was overloading. It couldn't take it all. Another set of memories. These were from a man named Zerymanthius. He had been stalking Recih. Hunting him. His regret's of not acting sooner. His preperations during the battle of the Soulreaver while others battled it. She let out a silent scream. Fehourlien felt like her mind was melting.

Then the last memories. Both at once. She watched it from both the men's point of view. Their merging. Their passing away to let something else be reborn in their place. A way to live on, and not pass away into nothingness. Then the memories stopped pouring in. They ended with the two individuals merging.

"We are what's born from their remnants. The one called Reich that you knew is now a part of us, as is Zerymanthius." Both of the forms said at the same time again, while lowing their arms.

Fehourlien had a hard time believing it. Reich was gone. He'd promised to come and see her again. He was going to be alright. This was just a nightmare. A side effect of her falling ill. Soon she'd wake up and be just fine. Everything would be back to normal. He'd come and see her soon.

This time the dark and light forms appeared to read her very thoughts as they said, "No. This is not a dream. You will not awake from it in the way you are expecting."

"Then why are you here? Why would you come and torment me with his death?" Fehourlien weeped out. She could finally hear her own voice.

Both of the figures grew silent as they apparently heard her voice too. Finally the light one spoke in it's calm demeanor once more saying, "The one called Reich had planted a seed inside of you with his power, when he had whispered in your ear before his departure. That seed was supposed to bring him back to life, if he perished. Since he merged with another, the seed acknowledged him dying, and tried to sprout but couldn't bring him back because he no longer exists. So instead, it pulled at the parts of him that exists within us... and now we are bound to you."

"I-I... I think I understand." Fehourlien sniffled out. She still had another question to be answered now, however. "What do you mean you're bound to me? What are you?"

"We are a part of you, and you a part of us. We live within you, and you may call upon us and our power whenever needed." The dark form said, then hesitated before continuing on with her second question, "We are unsure ourselves of what we are exactly."

"Do you have actual forms?"

"Our forms will be permanently molded by your subconscious to some extent when we are called forth by you. That is all we know."

"What about names?" Fehourlien asked.

Silence now. It seemed that the newborn entities had no idea that they needed names. Turning to eachother they would stand completely still. If they were conversing with one another she couldn't tell. No words were being said. Finally they would turn back towards her, and each would introduce themselves.

"I shall be called Lucidus." The light one spoke out.

"My name will be Acerbus." The dark one growled.

There was no way she could keep the smile breaking out across her face. How fitting, the names were. Surely they looked within themselves to come up with it. Each representive of the being before her.

"One more thing before you awake." They said, seeming satisfied with their names and her confirming smile.

"What, may I ask?"

"Our powers have awakened unique abilities of your own. We'll deliver you to a place where you can take your time to hone these powers of yours. When you are ready, you'll find your own path out."

Before she was able to reply and ask what they were talking about, Fehourliens eyes fluttered open. She was alone. Sitting up, she felt very well rested and energized. Looking around, the first thing she noticed is that she was no longer in the Black Keep. Instead, she was in a cavern made of beautiful crystals of varying size and colors. The very floor itself was perfectly flat, feeling soft and pleasently warm on her feet.

This is when she noticed that her body wasn't as frail as it had been before. No, she appeared to have proper nourishment now. Her servant clothing was gone, replaced by a beautiful dress that resembled a kimono. Her long black hair was clean for the first time that she could remember, most of it flowing down her back but part of it done up with some pins. In the middle of the cavern was a pedestal created out of the crystals. Standing, she walked towards it and found an instrument placed perfectly in it's center.

It was a flute. A wonderful sleek flute, the colors of which dance about like the crystals in the room. Reaching forward, she'd grab it in her hand and lift it upwards feeling a sudden urge to play. Although she had never played such an instrument before, the sound flowed from it naturally. Her fingers fluidly moved across it. She felt something rising inside of her, and then she knew as she played she needed a new name.

Her new name would be Melody, and she would weave what remained of Reich and Zerymanthius into the world along with Acerbus and Lucidus.

((Oho! Here we go. My first step. ))

FearTheSkorpion

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reichsmann View Post
Fehourlien, the Servant
[[I feel so outclassed right now...

I'm going to cry. That was beautiful. Seriously, I'm very impressed.]]

Mr T Virus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

((Well, it's late fore me, so I'll try to have a post up either in the morning or early afternoon. Best of luck to everyone with Patch Day tomorrow. ))

Sleiphner

11-14-2011

(( I'm just going to crush Sebastian the Frog's head so he stops interacting with my character. Then I'm going to throw Epicn00b off of the ship because I hate him.))

Sagarys

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andersworth View Post
[[ Blast. That was a whole chapter where I could do NOTHING with my character. :/ Now to decide whether to have him go mad (searching for power/envious/lonely/bored/something else/combination) or to make a new character who is already mad... Whilst I think; Skyrim and coming up with his bio!

Also; a positively delightful read, as usual, Sagarys.]]
*bows*

Also, SKYRIIIIIIIIM!!!!!!!!!! There aren't enough hours in the day for me to enjoy this thoroughly enough...

Reichsmann

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulciscendi View Post
[[I feel so outclassed right now...

I'm going to cry. That was beautiful. Seriously, I'm very impressed.]]

((Glad you liked it, it's just beginning though. XD))

Soupcup

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reichsmann View Post
((Glad you liked it, it's just beginning though. XD))
[[This girl's gonna be stronggggg. Using her own unique powers along with the light/dark guys. Inb4 boss fight.]]

Andersworth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagarys View Post
*bows*

Also, SKYRIIIIIIIIM!!!!!!!!!! There aren't enough hours in the day for me to enjoy this thoroughly enough...
[[ Oh dear god yes. Went to the midnight release, got the collectors edition (The only PC CE the store had, and the first of 5-6 CE's they had to be given away, everyone in the line was so jelly), and everything. I've hardly stopped playing it aside from getting my minimum 3 hours of sleep and for school. Over the weekend though, my comp decided to **** out (I think it was afraid of how awesome skyrim was) so I was playing off and on because it kept shuttin' down, eventually refusing to start up, and then I replaced the power supply and all's good now.

S'the only reason why I'm glad I haven't been required for the RP. I dunno if I coulda pulled myself away long enough to do more than read like two pages. :/ ]]

FearTheSkorpion

11-14-2011

[[Assassin's Creed: Revelations in 00:00:43

I'm going to post during the day, but don't expect anything after I pick it up tomorrow afternoon :3]]

FearTheSkorpion

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleiphner View Post
(( I'm just going to crush Sebastian the Frog's head so he stops interacting with my character. Then I'm going to throw Epicn00b off of the ship because I hate him.))
[[You are not allowed to throw Epicn00b off until both Phalon and I are present. Then we will help you.]]