Confusion about Riven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Project SSS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2011

So Riven born and was a soldier for Noxus but she exiled herself from Noxus. What i don't understand how is she a member of the Crimson Elites when she exiled herself because she didnt agree with Noxus methods?

Anrel

11-18-2011

Well the only other person in the Crimson Elite so far is Talon, and he isn't exctly truly loyal to Noxus, only General Du Couteau. I suppose once we find more members of the crimson elite we might get a better idea of what it actually stands for. Plus some skins have no connection with the lore at all.

Project SSS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2011

well at first i thought it was just because they were considered Noxus so they get Crimson Elites but then i found on LoL wiki that the Crimson Elites are to counter the Commandos. The Commandos are all extremely loyal to Demacia so i thought it was odd that Noxus's version of Commandos arent as loyal.

Anrel

11-18-2011

Well I guess if you a loyal Demacian then you follow the King. The problem with Noxus is there's different powers vying for control I guess. So I think Noxus isn't as clear as that.

ThePickOfDestiny

11-18-2011

It's a Non-Cannon skin..

Ask yourself why Xin Zhao doesnt have an Ionian skin (either that or he directly came from China).

Tsaalyo

Recruiter

11-18-2011

I like to think she was Crimson Elite before she exiled herself, and after she has whatever internal revelation she is seeking, she becomes Redeemed.

What revelation? I like to think this tidbit is spot on~.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1421282
"If ever, one matched me in strength, then I would only surpass them. No longer do I have anything to prove to myself, my strength is absolute. Still, strength begs a purpose, and I'm not yet ready to die. The truly strong shall always thrive, the truly weak will always suffer. Yet, not all weakness deserves suffering. Some even choose to be weak so that others may be strong; that is not a weakness deserving of any suffering, that is not a true weakness. To lead the weak to the finality of true strength; of body, mind and soul. That is my purpose. The strong will always prey on the weak, but those that do are not truly strong. If the truly strong can teach the weak, then they will no longer be prey, and some suffering will be circumvented. A little less, is all I want. - “Redeemed” Riven"

Cidem1324

Web Content Assistant

11-21-2011

I don't think the Crimson Elite skins aren't supposed to be canonical. Similar to how the Commando skins aren't canonical for the Demacian champions.

Though if Riven's Crimson Elite skin is somehow canonical, I'd assume that's what she wore while she was in the Noxian military, before exiling herself.

TheNarvalOfDeath

11-21-2011

Yes, remember that in-game (i mean in PVP) on the main page there used to be a small note saying something along the lines of "the crimson elite is coming"... The note was longer and it stated that Riot was planning on releasing a few moar of this guys. Given the fact that Talon and Riven have their CE skins it is safe to asume that she WAS a part until she exiled. She probably abandoned that group just as Talon did after Du Couteau went missing

Thats at least how i see this