Dominion is losing it's edge

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krazah

11-14-2011

When Dominion first came out, I was unbelievably excited. The design is beautiful, the music is spectacular and the game play is fast and fun. What's not to like?

Well as time has passed and people have learned what champions absolutely DESTROY on dominion because they get automatically fed, it seems that those champions are the only one's people play. Dominion to me feels like it has gone from a really intense strategy based mode to, who has the better team comp (I.E. Akali, Jax, A good rammus, etc) aka champs that need farm in SR to be really effective and get it automatically in Dominion. No matter how skilled I or my team is, its hard to compete with these champions because they just feel faceroll on dominion. Maybe I am the only one who feels this way but it has discouraged me personally from playing it anymore.

I make this thread simply so that riot has some more opinions from players on Dominion. I realize it has just been released and there is no way it can be perfect immediately. I just believe that something should be done.

One idea I had was, granted this might be incredibly difficult, to make skills act differently or have different ratio's on dominion. Maybe change up the gameplay so balance can effect SR different than dominion, so that slight nerf to a champ on Dominion doesn't completely destroy them on SR, or vice versa. I don't know how conceivable it is to do this, but it's something I thought of.

I believe that champions that require farm and skill to do well in SR are just given everything in Dominion. When I see a loading screen for Dominion and I'm against Singed, Akali, Olaf, Jax, and Yorick, It feels like the game is basically handing me a loss, I don't even want to play the game.

Like I said, I don't really know how this could be remedied and by no means am I using this as a RAGE RIOT BLAHHH (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ thread. I am just pointing out my observations and posing, while most likely impossible, my ideas for some improvements. Maybe even altering item stats on dominion may do it, or make items a bit more expensive. I'm not sure but these are just ideas and I think it's a good topic to brainstorm. The enjoyment that came from playing dominion is now gone, all it brings me is incredible frustration and I really want to be a small part in trying to remedy that. Thank you

-Krazah

Tale Feather

11-14-2011

This has little to nothing to do with Dominon itself and has more to do with blind pick. Go try out Draft if you're concerned with power characters.

As far as not being able to counter certain characters, it's not a good practice to beleive those champions alone dominate the game. It takes teamwork, and a 'lower tier' champion can often outdo the top tiers with intelligent play.

Granted, some champs need a hand, particularly some of the lower-end mages. However there is more than enough diversity in powerful champions to not encounter this set up too often, and when you do, it's more of a matter of picking who you are specifically targeting to counter. (Jax and Akali aren't nearly as powerful as stated as they both have 1 item counters that one person at least SHOULD buy.)

Olaf and Yorik both are weak to any form of CC and decent armor. And Singed is more of an annoyance than a serious problem. (Itemize against armor.)

The problem lies in the lack of coordination effort in the game on behalf of random team members. The meta will move away from the above champs once their counters start to become more commonly known (and picked in case of champion counters.)

Hoondarrh

11-14-2011

I really like pizza.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-14-2011

Quote:
Well as time has passed and people have learned what champions absolutely DESTROY on dominion
Quote:
(I.E. Akali, Jax, A good rammus, etc)
It seems you have not learned what champs destroy dominion, come back when you do learn.

ForgedLife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

Akali: The only thing that separates her from other squishy damage dealers like Yi and Eve is her immediate stealth. Lee Sin and 3 items stop her from exercising that.

Jax: Kite

Rammus: Wukong counters him 1v1 and honestly there are better champs when it comes purely to backcapping. I mean Rammus is still by far the strongest pick simply because he excels in a lot of areas, but in each of those areas there are either counters or champions that could do the job better

WaterD103

Recruiter

11-14-2011

Rammus is a strong pick, as is Ryze, Kassadin, Poppy, Shaco, Yorick, Soraka, Lee sin, Nocturne, Vayne....Should I keep going?

The problem with rammus is that he destroys some champs. He is strong. no dobut, but so are many other champs.

Mark Of Bane

11-14-2011

Ryze ftw. I have gone 17-0-13, 18-3-15, 32-7-5, and 24-2-14 with him.

I have screenshots to prove the latter 2.

FDru

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Of Bane View Post
Ryze ftw. I have gone 17-0-13, 18-3-15, 32-7-5, and 24-2-14 with him.

I have screenshots to prove the latter 2.
And I had a 10 win streak with Rammus two days ago.

Nobody cares if you stomp pugs with god tier champs.

Mark Of Bane

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
And I had a 10 win streak with Rammus two days ago.

Nobody cares if you stomp pugs with god tier champs.
Are those scores even good? I don't really have anyone to compare myself to...besides my brother...and he sucks. I may just be getting lucky with sucky enemy teams...idk.