Do you still play as Twisted Fate, and do you think Double Carding should be fixed?

Yes I play him, and no it shouldnt be fixed. 6 5.13%
Yes I play him, and yes it should be fixed. 31 26.50%
No, I dont play him, and no it shouldnt be fixed. 5 4.27%
No, I dont play him, and yes it should be fixed. 75 64.10%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Broken Fate: Double Card Grievances/CounterStrats

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schn

09-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post
Most of the people who are complaining are running round with heroes that do massive damage in less time and are not as squishy, but its ok cause theyre 'legit'.
It is. If they're OP like Corki, you just wait for the nerf, but this is an unintended bug, and balancing doesn't start until the bug is fixed.

Husbane

09-30-2009

This is a bug, and using is an exploit, as it's avoidable. However, it's only really painful early game, after that, it's mostly just an annoyance. In almost every game I play there's a CM, either on my team or the other. In both cases, I politely mention to them that it's an exploit and to try not to use it. Occasionally I get the, "Yeah, I don't do it intentionally, but sometimes it happens." but mostly I get, "QQ mor, take it to the forums... I'm gonna do it to you all game to annoy you!" In the later case, they usually end up 2/10/2 anyway, and I choke back the urge to be a dick and say something along the lines of "How'd that exploit work out for you. *******."

J

Husbane

09-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schn View Post
It is. If they're OP like Corki, you just wait for the nerf, but this is an unintended bug, and balancing doesn't start until the bug is fixed.
I always chuckle when people say Corki is OP. I don't play him and almost never have issue against him, regardless of who I play. I'm not necessarily doubting that people find him difficult, but I just haven't seen it in dozens and dozens of games against him.

J

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husbane View Post
This is a bug, and using is an exploit, as it's avoidable. However, it's only really painful early game, after that, it's mostly just an annoyance. In almost every game I play there's a CM, either on my team or the other. In both cases, I politely mention to them that it's an exploit and to try not to use it. Occasionally I get the, "Yeah, I don't do it intentionally, but sometimes it happens." but mostly I get, "QQ mor, take it to the forums... I'm gonna do it to you all game to annoy you!" In the later case, they usually end up 2/10/2 anyway, and I choke back the urge to be a dick and say something along the lines of "How'd that exploit work out for you. *******."

J
A lotta noobs are trying it out now, but most of them fail at it.

Unless MammothWaffle is CM, you shouldn't need to worry. Besides, tomorrow it should be fixed.

*Crosses fingers*

Husbane

09-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizz View Post
A lotta noobs are trying it out now, but most of them fail at it.

Unless MammothWaffle is CM, you shouldn't need to worry. Besides, tomorrow it should be fixed.

*Crosses fingers*
Yeah, let's hope. More so we don't have to hear about it on the forums anymore, really. Although, I'm expecting "OMG Buff CM" posts to start about 45 minutes after the servers come up.

Savage

09-30-2009

I wouldn't play cardmaster for the double gold bug, I play him for the fast teleport and destiny. But when I do play him, I of course use the double gold card relentlessly, just as I will use the single gold card relentlessly once it's fixed.

Corki is ridiculous on an organized team with a good build. He's much less impressive in pubs where the engagement is horrid.

Darkening

09-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage View Post
I wouldn't play cardmaster for the double gold bug, I play him for the fast teleport and destiny. But when I do play him, I of course use the double gold card relentlessly, just as I will use the single gold card relentlessly once it's fixed.

Corki is ridiculous on an organized team with a good build. He's much less impressive in pubs where the engagement is horrid.

Savage

10-01-2009

To clarify: double carding is dumb, as are all the other myriad bugs with pick a card at the moment. But you'll find that even if all the bugs are fixed, pick a card is still going to be dumb because it's design is still problematic. With a bit of practice it's a very cheap AoE stun that you can throw every 5-6 seconds, which is not going to be balanced. Sure, doubling it up makes it worse, but the problem is not contained to the bug.

Youmu Konpaku

10-01-2009

This is all offset by the fact that double carding is hilarious.

That being said, if you're doing this outside a practice room, you really DO need to find something better to do.

Schn

10-01-2009

Is this fixed by the patch? If it still is imbalanced, at least balancing can properly start on the skill now.