Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot: Why new masteries with 50% effectiveness on CS?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hugs From Momma

11-14-2011

I'm curious about Riot's thought process on the new masteries Mercenary (24 bonus gold on kills and assists) and Sage (40 bonus experience on kills and assists).

Why are these cut in half on CS? 12 gold bonus for killing someone is what, two seconds of passive gold gain? 20 exp bonus from Sage is negligible. Sure, there's more killing and assisting per minute on CS than SR, but the passive gold and xp gain prevent these from being compelling choices. They should be at least as effective as they are on SR.

Reviewing some of my recent games I see that I average around 20 kills + assists per game, making the talents worth about 240g and 400 xp per match. In a 20 minute game, the new Greed mastery gives 240g by itself and is placed two tiers lower in the tree.

kingphillip

11-14-2011

I am thinking its to stop hyper-carries from getting these and having full builds and level 18 faster. Its the whole reason why they tuned down the experience gain in dominion a few patches ago.

Hugs From Momma

11-14-2011

Everyone has access to the same masteries, if anything these would favor early-game champs who get their advantage at the start (as the gold / xp would amplify their early power).

Señor Pancho

11-14-2011

I think they are just being careful for now, and they are gonna see if it needs to be increased (it does)

NetherGate

11-14-2011

One of the primary goals of dominion was to avoid snowballing, so no champ became unstoppable, and it remained possible to come back until the game is over.