Dominion is horrible

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azthioth

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedPheonix View Post
Its a completely inaccurate way to rate eachother. Its a way for the worst player to insult and ridicule and put down the best player often. There should be no personal scoring system whatsoever if its going to be this inaccurate.

The failure of the scoring system as it is, is that it misleads bad players into thinking they did well, and therefore encourages them to keep using terrible strategies. Maybe they are playing for score, maybe not. Maybe they are playing for the win, but they dont understand that they caused the team to lose because the scoring system told them they were awesome and their team mates were horrible. So what do they do? Insult and berate the team mates that they just screwed over. This is a horrible dynamic that needs fixing.
Exactly, I think this was my point, I just did not convey it correctly. Why have this point system? It only encourages bad play. There is no way to run this system and not cause a terrible game when it coems to random queue and solo. I know you do not have to play these but it is what it is.

NetherGate

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azthioth View Post
Exactly, I think this was my point, I just did not convey it correctly. Why have this point system? It only encourages bad play. There is no way to run this system and not cause a terrible game when it coems to random queue and solo. I know you do not have to play these but it is what it is.
It did sound ambiguous, but I just looked it over and indeed we are on the same page.

airraidsiren

11-14-2011

I agree that having personal scores is a detriment to the game. When you get a personal glory player on your team that basically jungles the center ganking for kills, he comes out with the best score but your team holds 2 stations for most of the game and you lose. The personal scoring should either be removed, or rebalanced so that defending a station gets you continuous points (i.e. so that getting a good score and actually playing correctly are not two different goals).