Dominion is horrible

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hugs From Momma

Senior Member

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azthioth View Post
Thats kind of the point. You defend and push while the rest of your team racks up kills and does nothing useful/ I don't care about personal score but it gives everyone else a reason to ***** and complain. I don't just stand there.
If you don't care about personal score, why did you make this thread?

Put your ego aside and win.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NetherGate

Senior Member

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobocop View Post
Nope, because killing enemy champions is part of defending your territory. If they're dead, they can't take your stuff.
ya, they pretty much only stay dead for long enough to shop though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-14-2011

It doesn't matter. They're dead and they're in no position to influence anything happening on the map while they are. That time you get to shop while they're dead is time you wouldn't have had otherwise.

What really matters is the circumstances behind each kill, and I don't think there's any real way for personal score to accurately reflect this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NetherGate

Senior Member

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobocop View Post
It doesn't matter. They're dead and they're in no position to influence anything happening on the map while they are. That time you get to shop while they're dead is time you wouldn't have had otherwise.

What really matters is the circumstances behind each kill, and I don't think there's any real way for personal score to accurately reflect this.
You are absolutely right. But generally speaking, those players who are kill seeking are affecting the flow of the lanes vastly less than those who actively push them. So I see it as a one step forward, 2 steps back kind of a thing for the team, even though the "steps back" are not represented in the kill seekers personal score.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diabloman CQ

Senior Member

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedPheonix View Post
You are absolutely right. But generally speaking, those players who are kill seeking are affecting the flow of the lanes vastly less than those who actively push them. So I see it as a one step forward, 2 steps back kind of a thing for the team, even though the "steps back" are not represented in the kill seekers personal score.
The Kill Meta is only effective when the players know when to release. I have seen too many champions chasing into a jungle and getting ganked , lose the node and then the game tips over to the other side.

To take from your point.

1 step foward (got a kill)

2 steps back (got ganked after I killed and it cost the team the Windmill)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NetherGate

Senior Member

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabloman CQ View Post
The Kill Meta is only effective when the players know when to release. I have seen too many champions chasing into a jungle and getting ganked , lose the node and then the game tips over to the other side.

To take from your point.

1 step foward (got a kill)

2 steps back (got ganked after I killed and it cost the team the Windmill)
To have a decent discussion on it, we should probably stop assuming that the other team is applying their strategy in the stupidest possible way.

If indeed you are killing that often, and you are wracking up 30-40 kills per game, then indeed you did your job very well.

Doesn't work so well when that players team mates apply pressure to lanes and turrets in such a way that its excessively costly to not be defending those turrets.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Temporality

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-14-2011

Just like every other game mode, all that matters after the game is winning. Personal score is just a nice way to say "hey you lost, but you did really good anyway!" and then you get a shiny badge on your loss


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NetherGate

Senior Member

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporality View Post
just like every other game mode, all that matters after the game is winning. Personal score is just a nice way to say "hey you lost, but you did really good anyway!" and then you get a shiny badge on your loss
lol!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azthioth

Senior Member

11-14-2011

I made the thread because a point system is in play and no matter what is said, it will matter to someone. Why have it if it doesnt matter? It is a way to rate other players. If you lose, you look at the bottom to see who sucked. If the person at the bottom, protected and pushed but died more than others and didnt get a lot of kills, they are blamed even if they did their job.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NetherGate

Senior Member

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azthioth View Post
I made the thread because a point system is in play and no matter what is said, it will matter to someone. Why have it if it doesnt matter? It is a way to rate other players. If you lose, you look at the bottom to see who sucked. If the person at the bottom, protected and pushed but died more than others and didnt get a lot of kills, they are blamed even if they did their job.
Its a completely inaccurate way to rate eachother. Its a way for the worst player to insult and ridicule and put down the best player often. There should be no personal scoring system whatsoever if its going to be this inaccurate.

The failure of the scoring system as it is, is that it misleads bad players into thinking they did well, and therefore encourages them to keep using terrible strategies. Maybe they are playing for score, maybe not. Maybe they are playing for the win, but they dont understand that they caused the team to lose because the scoring system told them they were awesome and their team mates were horrible. So what do they do? Insult and berate the team mates that they just screwed over. This is a horrible dynamic that needs fixing.


123