Dominion is horrible

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azthioth

11-14-2011

Why is it every game I get into, the ones at the top are the ones ganking and looking for kills? The people defending and trying to get nodes are dead last? If I go in looking for kills I will be number 1, but if I defend or try to win the game, I am dead last.

The of course I am called a noob for playing the game right. 5points for defending? Seriously? So the best way to play is to be an AD/AP carry and run around ganking people. Trash design.

Commander Yordle

11-14-2011

I don't care about my personal score. I care about winning.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelBagel View Post
I don't care about my personal score. I care about winning.
I don't even check my personal score anymore unless I'm in the top three.

OxBaker

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azthioth View Post
Why is it every game I get into, the ones at the top are the ones ganking and looking for kills? The people defending and trying to get nodes are dead last? If I go in looking for kills I will be number 1, but if I defend or try to win the game, I am dead last.

The of course I am called a noob for playing the game right. 5points for defending? Seriously? So the best way to play is to be an AD/AP carry and run around ganking people. Trash design.
Well, technically it's usually the person playing bot that's dead last but it's usually for the reasons you provided.

Azthioth

11-14-2011

This has been every game I've played but a few. I just played one, played like a girl, never defended, and only went for kills and came out first. but we lost by a landslide.

WE should be rewarded for playing right, not kills. Kills should not count towards the score. EVER

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

Nope, because killing enemy champions is part of defending your territory. If they're dead, they can't take your stuff.

The Wrongsword

11-14-2011

If you think standing on a point in plain sight racking up +5 "point defense" scores means that you are actually doing something useful, you need to learn how to play.

Killing their team in the jungle prevents them from capping anything. Sitting in your point doing nothing means they are going to tower dive you in 2 seconds.

Now there are useless kills- getting murdered in the jungle for no reason, chasing down low health enemies when you could be capping an undefended point, etc. are all stupid kills. But a teammate who is not killing and only sitting on points alone waiting to get killed on it is basically worthless to the team. That is not "defending".

Diabloman CQ

11-14-2011

Please Refer too "I care too much about this personal score " for any further issues.

The concept of Personal Score is to reflect the contribution to the team in a very superficial aspect. The Meta of BOT defense was clearly not considered in the development of the PS.

If you are defending bot, you are not participating in team battles and are taking yoruself out of the equation of team battles, kills, martyr points, neutralization and activation points. . Your role that you choose to accept is a thankless job, the sooner you accept it, the sooner you will get over your personal score issues.

Instead of sitting in the node and wasting game time, why dont you push minions instead and let them weaken the node.

Play to win the game. IF your teammates are pushing another meta other than defend and bleed points and they are clearly not buying into what your selling, then do your best to support their tactics.

Azthioth

11-14-2011

Thats kind of the point. You defend and push while the rest of your team racks up kills and does nothing useful/ I don't care about personal score but it gives everyone else a reason to ***** and complain. I don't just stand there.

Geekweezul

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azthioth View Post
This has been every game I've played but a few. I just played one, played like a girl, never defended, and only went for kills and came out first. but we lost by a landslide.

WE should be rewarded for playing right, not kills. Kills should not count towards the score. EVER
You are rewarded for playing right. It's called a win. Personal score gives no rewards. Stop focusing on it, and simply focus on what it takes to win.