More IP for close games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Macaroni

11-14-2011

It's frustrating when a game is going back and forth in double and single digits on each teams' nexus only to end up losing by a few points. Is it possible to adjust the IP for each game based on how close the game was since it's actually measurable?

FusionDreams

11-14-2011

In my opinion for Dominion, more IP should be rewarded to those who are the top players on each team, with the #1 player of the three earning a bit more IP (5-10 IP). Then out of the entire game, the player with THE BEST score, receives an additional (5-10 IP). Also with the new mastery system, supports, such as healers and tanks, can easily be in the top 3 or be the best player. Even in this current meta, I can play a tank and be at the top (if played right (defending, capturing, and assisting).

Arguments for this would be that it would include more teamwork, defending, capturing, and overall gameplay.

Arguments against this is that people would "turtle defense," run around attempting to kill people for points, etc. (However, you earn more points for defending / capturing).

Yuan Shikai

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionDreams View Post
In my opinion for Dominion, more IP should be rewarded to those who are the top players on each team, with the #1 player of the three earning a bit more IP (5-10 IP). Then out of the entire game, the player with THE BEST score, receives an additional (5-10 IP). Also with the new mastery system, supports, such as healers and tanks, can easily be in the top 3 or be the best player. Even in this current meta, I can play a tank and be at the top (if played right (defending, capturing, and assisting).

Arguments for this would be that it would include more teamwork, defending, capturing, and overall gameplay.

Arguments against this is that people would "turtle defense," run around attempting to kill people for points, etc. (However, you earn more points for defending / capturing).
That is a TERRIBAD idea because in the current game score says NOTHING about how good of a player you are and so you should not be specifically rewarded for higher score. Would make some people go for top score just for IP.

Example: backdoorers are often number 1 in the score-department but backdooring is a horrible idea in a game and usually makes the game a 6v4 instead of a 5v5 because backdoorers feed the enemy easy kill and cap-gol, so it should not be rewarded in any way.

Blackfire447

11-14-2011

You do. Its your dominion bonus score (or something like that)

If you lose a close game, you get like 10-15 bonus IP, also, if you dominate the other team and streamroll them, you get bonus IP...

FusionDreams

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post
That is a TERRIBAD idea because in the current game score says NOTHING about how good of a player you are and so you should not be specifically rewarded for higher score. Would make some people go for top score just for IP.

Example: backdoorers are often number 1 in the score-department but backdooring is a horrible idea in a game and usually makes the game a 6v4 instead of a 5v5 because backdoorers feed the enemy easy kill and cap-gol, so it should not be rewarded in any way.
whence why i put my reasons of why it wouldn't work at the bottom...derp

Danjuro V

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post

6v4? lol