King of the Middle: A Dominion Mini Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheEtherealOne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

King of the Middle is played on the Dominion Crystal Scar map. Played in a custom game just like Capture Point, Kill the Queen, or ARAM are played on Summoner's Rift.

Objective:
Fight for control over the center of the map. Your team must capture the middle buff 3 times and stop the other team from capturing theirs. Once one team has captured the middle buff 3 times the other team must surrender.

Rules:
No tower is to be captured AT ALL. The main point of this game is to have fun. You can run around the whole map as long as you don't capture towers. Health relics and speed shrine relics can be used to escape or chase the enemy. Once you go down the ramp from your spawn point you cannot go back up. (This will allow incentive to stay in order to defend but at the same time want to go buy items, the choice will be left to you as a player.) Only when you die are you allowed to buy items.

How to play:
Each team is designed a certain way. Each team MUST have a "Capper". The Capper is the ONLY one that can capture the middle buff for his team. The rest of his team must defend him so he can capture the buff without being disturbed. Each team can only have a MAX of 1 TANK but does not need to have a tank if they wish not to have one. The following characters are classified as tanks. (Alistar, Amumu, Galio, Leona, Maokai, Rammus, Shen, Taric) These champions are classified as tanks by Riot themselves as you can see if you go into the champions tab and click the tank attribute, these will be the champions that appear. This promotes more offensive strategies and no overpowered defensive team. The last 3 champions can be any other champion other than a tank. Remember a team does not need to have a tank if they wish not to. Example: A team can consist of 4 Fighters, 1 Capper OR 1 tank, 3 fighters, 1 Capper. The Capper can ONLY buy certain items as follows, (Any type of boots is permitted. Pots whether it be mana or health. All Elixers. Both types of Wards. Oracle and Oracle Extract.) The Capper CANNOT play the role of a tank. Once again the tanks are stated above. At the beginning of the game before the 1 minute and 20 second mark where the ramps open up to the map, both teams MUST identify who their team Capper is. This mini game is to be played under draft mode to have the option of banning.

Other Notes:
This is mainly a sketch of what I can think of at the moment and I tried to get all points down in which I hope I did. If you have any suggestions or questions about this please leave a comment below as well as leave one and tell me what you think of the game.

MrSpaz

11-14-2011

This sounds pretty fun!

I'd say that draft mode isn't strictly necessary, and without actually playing it I'm not sold on the "only one tank" restriction, but those are the only two nitpicks that I have.

I'm not sure I understand the capper item restrictions -- they're only allowed boots and pots?

TheEtherealOne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpaz View Post
This sounds pretty fun!

I'd say that draft mode isn't strictly necessary, and without actually playing it I'm not sold on the "only one tank" restriction, but those are the only two nitpicks that I have.

I'm not sure I understand the capper item restrictions -- they're only allowed boots and pots?
Of course in the end the one that is making the game can do whatever he wants in terms of draft or blind pick but I personally like draft. I limit the tanks because imagine a team with a rammus, shen, alistar, cho'gath, and a random dps of your choice. They would never die and the enemy team will have no chance of fighting back for control over the middle. With more dps it makes you strategize more on your fighting style and how you initiate. As for the Capper, yes he can only have boots and pots and elixers. This makes it so that the objective of the Capper is to CAP, and this also makes it so the Capper plays more passively rather than having a renekton as a capper who can haul the ass of anyone that tries to oppose him on the enemy team. This gives the other players on your team the set mind that they NEED to defend you otherwise they cant do anything to win.

TheEtherealOne

11-16-2011

Anyone want to play this game or make it a active game like ARAM is please set up a custom game to start one up