Crash after champion select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElectricDangerus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2011

Try going to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\release s\ and delete any folders in there. Mine had the folder 0.0.0.98 which I deleted and it forced the client to repatch. I think when I patched I didn't get all the new files. I've read some other people had multiple folders in there, and when they deleted those too it worked. No more crashing/black screen after champ select!

Kapucino

12-11-2011

Can I just ask for the sake of this thread. What antivirus is everyone using?

Viwil

04-16-2012

Bump

Vertaebreaker

04-16-2012

Same thing just happened to me just like 10 minutes ago. This happened a long time back and no 1 helped me. So i to re dl everything even though in my post I stated that I have only 10 Gigs a month yet your brilliant solution was re download it.................................So its happening again do u have a better solution and can I get unreported from the ranked I was in, and can I and my teammates get our elo back since you guys screwed us again?

Vertaebreaker

04-16-2012

Echo storm I tried your solution I opened up a tutorial it did not work. Customs always work with this error one day riot will fix there **** they will probably delete this since that's what they do with problems they don't fix.

"delete"
" fixed"

DanceoftheShadow

06-08-2012

same here

T4k3ru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricDangerus View Post
Try going to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\release s\ and delete any folders in there. Mine had the folder 0.0.0.98 which I deleted and it forced the client to repatch. I think when I patched I didn't get all the new files. I've read some other people had multiple folders in there, and when they deleted those too it worked. No more crashing/black screen after champ select!
what do you mean by that Electric? delete all the folder? i have 8 Folder :
0.0.0.46 until now 0.0.0.160 , delete all and repatch?

Studd92

06-22-2012

SUCCESS.
In this new reinstall, i downloaded I-Obit uninstaller.
Ran the uninstall for League of Legends
Did a powerful scan to completely remove all registry items from League.
Re-install League of legends, but when it asks you which folder to place it in, go to your computer, [C]Drive > Programs (86x) and choose Programs (86x) as the destination folder.
DOING THIS SOLVES BLACK SCREEN AFTER CHAMPION SELECT ISSUE!
MY THREAD....
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...t=black+screen

essjaybee

12-29-2012

I use a mac and its a bit harder for me to do those options guys, my game keep crashing after champion select and I can't reconnect but someone told me if you delete your league of legends and buy a new one it would work so maybe you guys could try that out.

Octavusprime

12-29-2012

Deleting and redownloading does not fix this issue, at least in my experience. I'm convinced there is an issue with one of the recent windows updates. Hoping they can patch a fix soon. Haven't been able to play on my computer in 6 days. Although my brothers computer works fine and we use the same router.

He runs XP.

I run Windows 7.