Carries, carry too far.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shillen

09-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecklin View Post
His ulti is not that good. Its unreliable. I have stood in the middle of it and not taken any damage.
And I've tried to run from the middle of it out of it from full health and died without anything else hitting me. It's an incredible ultimate considering he can be on the other side of the map when he uses it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willisee View Post
First, carries are suppose to be insanely strong late game. Not early game. If you are getting killed by carries early game, then you are just playing poorly. They aren't that strong and a lot of them rely on their ultimates to get kills mid game. If you harass and gank a carry early game, it prevents them from farming and becoming so strong.
This is bullcrap. If you think Ashe or a carry twisted fate or a Yi can't get kills during early-midgame you're insane. They're not any worse than any other heroes. Their dominance late game is not made up for by a weakness early game. They have no weakness.

God SoRcuS

09-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillen View Post
And I've tried to run from the middle of it out of it from full health and died without anything else hitting me. It's an incredible ultimate considering he can be on the other side of the map when he uses it.

This is bullcrap. If you think Ashe or a carry twisted fate or a Yi can't get kills during early-midgame you're insane. They're not any worse than any other heroes. Their dominance late game is not made up for by a weakness early game. They have no weakness.
I agree with your pirate view of things. but on the downside you kinda fail saying that yi, twisted fate and ashe got no weaknesses... Really ? Twisted fate dies before we know it if focus fired and so does Yi.... I might agree that Ashe is very very good considering the fact that she can slow you and runaway.... But teamfights even during early or midgame they don't bring much to the table except again Ashe who rapes owing to her high range and ulti... But late game, a Yi can literally destroy 2-3 heroes and cut through the towers and thats what carrys are supposed to do imo...

Early, mid game the so called carries can't do much to tanks/casters at all... But once they are beefed up with some MR and health, thats when they become a pain in the butt and game changing.. otherwise its just skill..

Typically to note is the fact that if a enemy as a yi as such, the game should not be allowed to go till very late game..

Shillen

09-30-2009

Every hero dies when focus fired except tanks. Yi is still a very good hero mid-game. He still does good damage. They all bring good damage to mid-game team fights. Just not omfg what just happened to me damage.

Willisee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillen View Post
If you are getting killed one vs one against a carry early game, then most likely it was your fault for being careless. Obviously with teamwork they can get kills early game, the same way that any character early game can. Their is no reason Ashe should kill you before lvl 6 in a one on one situation. Same goes with twisted fate. Yi may be able to pull a kill off if you are careless.

The point of a "Carry" is they "carry" the team to victory with high DPS and lots of kills. The point of a support is they support the tanks and carries. The point of a tank is to take damage in the place of support and carries. Everyone has their role.

Partizan

09-30-2009

I dont understand the game is completely balanced next time you get owned take a look at your level, his level, your items, his items, and what skills he had up/buffs. Personally i never get 2 shoted or anything in a game they all go normally for me im usually the one raping tho. I use a different character almost every game and i do really good with all of them. Its all down to strat if you have a great start in the beggining you will rape until end game and people will cry and call you op because you played really smart in the beggining. I just sit by the caster creeps farm exp and gank when i bait them close to my tower just incase it fails. Play defensive until you see an oppening.

Shillen

09-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willisee View Post
If you are getting killed one vs one against a carry early game, then most likely it was your fault for being careless. Obviously with teamwork they can get kills early game, the same way that any character early game can. Their is no reason Ashe should kill you before lvl 6 in a one on one situation. Same goes with twisted fate. Yi may be able to pull a kill off if you are careless.

The point of a "Carry" is they "carry" the team to victory with high DPS and lots of kills. The point of a support is they support the tanks and carries. The point of a tank is to take damage in the place of support and carries. Everyone has their role.
Are you freaking kidding me? Ashe can't kill people at level 6 with her like 4 second stun ult, permasnaring and better damage than most heroes at that level? What are you smoking?

edit: Oh you said before level 6. Most heroes can't kill anyone before level 6 without help or the other guy making a mistake. Level 6 is like 5 minutes into the game anyway.

Aspartem

09-30-2009

Uhm, no Ashe cant solo kill you with her arrow alone. Her damage isn't enough. Her damage compared to Yi is pathetic anyway. She's hell not a hard carry, for a hard carry she's lackin' the steriod skills. After lvl 6 she's a ganker/semi-carry.
Tons of slow and a 4sec. stun could be a slight hint that she should be played more as a ganker then a 24/7 farming carry.

And all these heroes are pretty squishy and easy to gank early game, cause they lack really good escape mechs. Ahse's slow+ult, Yis ult and Cardmasters ult are nice but already used offensively because else they cant get a kill early game. And because of their squishyness is one root or one stun already their end.

And srsly, imo is Ashe hardcore overrated.

Prisonal

09-30-2009

Adjust your builds against the team you are fighting or you're going to get destroyed. AP builds are extremely weak against a player with a good pool of magic resist, and with the items at your choosing, it's really hard not to pick extremely beneficial items with magic resist.
If you are fighting hard carries like jax, yi, and tryndamere, you'll want to get some armor and some health.

Adapt or wtfpwned.

Dyrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

09-30-2009

Carry heroes carry people. They're not OP or anything, they just carry people, how hard is it to get.

Woozl

09-30-2009

I like Twitch because he is a stealth carry with great early game abilities. Level 2-4 Expunge rapes early game.