Carries, carry too far.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amunz

09-29-2009

Gangplank, Warrick, Malaphite (who i play), etc who have no real magicial need or should be based on attack v armor.

Its just dumb because whats starting to become main stream in most normal/premade games is people will pick a combination of hard AP or hard ability hitters (Mind you not low hp casters, but "carries") and just nail 2-3 players 2-3 seconds into a group fight and then its 5 v3 and they have not even used half of their abilities.

Its Ruining group fights and making games even more annoying when tanks are stacking MR and Armor and their armor is COMPLETELY ignored by a character who has semi comprable health and should be having issues dealing with armor v attack. Carries are suppose to get the kills early to mid game and if they are denied that they are suppose to sooner or later lose to tanks in end game, that just isn't happening anymore esp with characters like Katrina, Twisted Fate or (Gold spam Fate), Corki and a few others.

I'm starting to regret my pre-order cause fyi ontop of all this characters like Yi, new Fate and others have not been nerfed or been reworked (teemo) to be just godly past the period of the game that they are ment for.

Arafel

Friend of Urf

09-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunz View Post
Carries are suppose to get the kills early to mid game and if they are denied that they are suppose to sooner or later lose to tanks in end game, that just isn't happening anymore esp with characters like Katrina, Twisted Fate or (Gold spam Fate), Corki and a few others.
And here's the heart of the issue.

"waaah, only a certain hero type should be viable for killing others."

My first 20 or so games of LoL consisted of rapidly attacking Ashe, Twitch, Yi, Jax, and Tris just auto-attack annihilating my entire team. It was pretty stupid. They still have that killing power, but people are getting smarter against it. Try coupling it with a caster's stun/snare.

seresibyl

09-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arafel View Post
And here's the heart of the issue.

"waaah, only a certain hero type should be viable for killing others."

My first 20 or so games of LoL consisted of rapidly attacking Ashe, Twitch, Yi, Jax, and Tris just auto-attack annihilating my entire team. It was pretty stupid. They still have that killing power, but people are getting smarter against it. Try coupling it with a caster's stun/snare.
Gangplank is pretty ridiculous though. His shot does way too much damage to make up for his lack of other abilities that do nothing useful combat-wise (besides his ult).

Arafel

Friend of Urf

09-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by seresibyl View Post
Gangplank is pretty ridiculous though. His shot does way too much damage to make up for his lack of other abilities that do nothing useful combat-wise (besides his ult).
But it's a one-trick pony. It's actually pretty pathetic compared to any decent carry. Yeah, it's good burst, because it's in one skill, but most high-damage champions can stand toe-to-toe with Gangplank easy.

Gangplank's Parrrley crits you for 1142!
You crit Gangplank for 435
Gangplank's melee attack crits you for 310

GANGPLANK HAS BEEN DEFEATED!

iPredicted

Adjudicator

09-29-2009

Well, in my opinion gangplank has one of the best steroidskills with his pretty insane and consistant +attack speed and movement speed buff, meaning that he attacks faster than most champions, combined with a heal that gets you out of CC and a HIGH critting gun he is quite a good character.

Lolex

09-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predicted View Post
Well, in my opinion gangplank has one of the best steroidskills with his pretty insane and consistant +attack speed and movement speed buff, meaning that he attacks faster than most champions, combined with a heal that gets you out of CC and a HIGH critting gun he is quite a good character.
Not to mention the insane global ulti that easily gives him early kills, and the over 1000 crits with parley later on.

Mecklin

09-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolex View Post
Not to mention the insane global ulti that easily gives him early kills, and the over 1000 crits with parley later on.
His ulti is not that good. Its unreliable. I have stood in the middle of it and not taken any damage.

Collypso

09-30-2009

Quote:
...just nail 2-3 players 2-3 seconds into a group fight and then its 5 v3 and they have not even used half of their abilities.
That's the point.

Evernight

09-30-2009

removed post

Willisee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2009

Quote:
Carries are suppose to get the kills early to mid game and if they are denied that they are suppose to sooner or later lose to tanks in end game,
First, carries are suppose to be insanely strong late game. Not early game. If you are getting killed by carries early game, then you are just playing poorly. They aren't that strong and a lot of them rely on their ultimates to get kills mid game. If you harass and gank a carry early game, it prevents them from farming and becoming so strong.

Second. Why would a tank beat a carry late game? The point of a tank is to take damage while support and your team carries wipe out the other team.

Play an armored Cho'gath who is feasted up and tell me he can't take some hits.

This game is about teamwork. A stun and a slow with some teamwork will mean the death of a carry. Just don't let them feed all game.