Are you ever going to balance dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atahl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-13-2011

I've read talks of metagame shifts, and internal tests, and all sorts of other stuff riot talked about at launch. "Oh don't worry x champion isn't really that broken! The meta will shift you'll see!"

The meta will shift, eh?

That's why is it every single game has shaco, rammus, akali, katarina, and/or poppy?

I've not had a single game without those champions since launch. Well, no, that's not true. i did have one game without them; it was draft pick and we had to ban them all.

Shaco's map control goes from "okay" to "completely stupid" in a map where you can't ward to stop them. Add to that neutral buffs, and AP shaco punishes map fundamentals. Oh, you wanted that health kit? Welp instead of hp shaco's jitb does half your hp.

Shaco's escapability, while fine on summoner's rift, translates into an uncatchable monster in dominion. There's nothing you can do. He gains distance on his flash, as do most champs, but there's walls everywhere. He's surrounded with 4+ viable escape options at all times. Even if you managed to guess right, he flashed over to a speed shrine and is long gone. By the time you close the gap, his deceive is off CD again.

Rammus is pretty self explanatory. Thronmail is disgustingly overpowered in dominion, as it's harder to shut it down with lifesteal than it is on summoner's rift. His mobility is the problem in general, but his synergy with the broken thornmail is pretty devastating and should be looked at.

Akali is too strong nearly everywhere she's played. I'd detail this but others have covered it more thoroughly elsewhere.

Poppy deals far, far too much damage for how impossible she is to kill. Invulnerability ultimates on this map are very silly, and hers comes with a massive movespeed boost, attatched to a champion who can two shot any non tank. Sure she takes a few items to get to that point, but its not unreasonable in dominion to get to that point and start snowballing.

Katarina's problem is her passive. If she gets going even a little bit she can solo the entire enemy team because she essentially has limitless cooldowns. Smaller skirmishes means your focused CC isn't always there to stop her ulti, so she's pretty insane right now.

Finally, not a champion, but exhaust. In all the times I've played dominion, I see 8-10 exhausts every time. It's the flash of Dominion. Everyone takes it, you have to have a seriously pressing reason to not have it, and it's nearly an instant, guaranteed win when you pop it.

Now this is my experience having played a lot of dominion. I'm sick of seeing those five in every single game. They are far, far too strong in the game mode and something must be done if the game is to be balanced.

In before play draft. Draft queues are 2 minutes +, and then you get troll captains who ban skarner and eve. And if your answer is to just ban them instead of deal with them, don't you think that's a strong indicator that they're too powerful?

elvensnow

11-13-2011

I agree 100%.

Dominion was kind of fun when everyone was new and the meta hadn't been established. But now it's quickly degraded into "whoever's team has the most OP champs wins".

Shaco is ungodly ridiculous. His turrets are just flat-out stupid. 5 in a bush can solo you down no problem. Even 1 turret to a low level champ can basically solo you. At least enough so the next assassin can pop out of the bushes to finish you off.

And the most annoying part is, this would be easy to fix. Put a cap on the number of turrets Shaco can put down. Just like Heimer, easy. I'd say 2 is fine. That way, it leaves Shaco with what I believe was intended for his boxes - as a cutoff for escape, or 1 as a ward in a bush somewhere for an ambush. I DON'T think it was intended to be complete and utter map control on top of completely cutting off champions access to certain parts of the map. A smart Shaco can prevent any team from moving in dominion by placing turrets throughout the jungle to the point where you can't travel ANYWHERE without being feared, damaged, and finally killed by the Shaco lurking around. It's way too easy and too trivial to do this.

I don't see why they can't simply limit his number of turrets that can be up at one time. Problem solved.

I believe there are also other champions that are over-represented and overly powerful in dominion. And almost all AP/caster/mage champions are nearly worthless because of the number of assassins + tanky bruisers.

Basically means you can't play your favorite champ in dom, just the ones that are OP. No amount of skill can counter a Shaco/Poppy/Akali/etc combo.

It also doesn't help that the blind pick solo queue still matches people based on level. But, even some lvl 30s just started playing dom and have no clue what's going on. I would prefer it match based on # of dom wins. This would at least give a chance of getting a group who won't make you cry due to not knowing/understanding how dom works.

Again, I agree with you wholeheartedly, and I have pretty much sworn off dom unless/until things get balanced. I'm also looking into DOTA2 as an alternative since the amount of children (i.e., immature players) on LoL are beginning to wear on my patience.

Elealar

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvensnow View Post
Again, I agree with you wholeheartedly, and I have pretty much sworn off dom unless/until things get balanced. I'm also looking into DOTA2 as an alternative since the amount of children (i.e., immature players) on LoL are beginning to wear on my patience.
You seriously expect DoTA2 will have less immature players than LoL? 'cause LoL is pretty much the best far as MoBAs go in that regard. I'm pretty sure DoTA2 will inherit most of the DoTA & HoN playership and everybody knows what that's like (LoL feels like heaven in comparison). So...I wouldn't hold my breath there.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

11-14-2011

Shaco? Pick yorick and problem solved. Or push minions, and problem solved.Get lightbringer(as ap with AoE) and problem solved. He is annoying at best.

Katarina a problem? next time take someone with hard CC.

Rammus a problem? Get some AP and learn to defend.

Poppy a problem? Get some MR and burst her down after she expended her burst.

Exhaust a problem? Take your own, or even better, get a hero that doesn't care about exhaust(ap burst)

I think you are referring to the part that you are having trouble 1v1 stuff... this is a 5v5 game. There is no such thing as team OP. Team Shaco, Poppiy, Akali, Katarina and Rammus is a team i'll eat anyday. Just by mentioning this team you should already know what you must get, and how to counter this.

No, I'm more afraid of a good kassadin who just comes out of nowhere and burst me down, a soraka who denies me to use any ability. Ezreal who snipes me from his fountain. Gangplank who prevents me from capping a turret for what seems an hour. a wukong who is sooo fckng stuck to his turret that it takes 3 ppl just to get him away.

No, the heroes you mention are by FAR not scary. If you rush out in the jungle solo, they might be. But that's just a general bad idea.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

The only 2 op champs imo are shaco and poppy, everything else is manageable.
Play draft, ban them both, problem solved.

ActionButlerGO

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atahl View Post
That's why is it every single game has shaco, rammus, akali, katarina, and/or poppy?

I've not had a single game without those champions since launch.
Every single game?

I play nothing but solo queue blind pick. Out of 70+ games, I have yet to see more than two of those at once. There might have been one game with Shaco/Akali/Poppy, but that's the extent of it. There was a week and a half where I didn't see Rammus at all and I can't remember the last time I saw Kat.