Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Crystal Scar Aura- AR/MR Pen in Season 2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Wrongsword

11-13-2011

I realize Riot probably has a lot of changes in the works for season 2 and dom specifically so maybe this won't be relevant, but I was thinking the CS aura probably won't need its penetrations after the new masteries come online.

Right now it seems to be for the purpose of making tanks less viable and making AD more viable, and that's more than worked, the format's already very AD heavy and straight up tanks stacking resistances are not very viable. Right now the armor pen seems to be making up for a lack of an archaic knowledge mastery, but once that is fixed next season I feel like there will be no need for this. AD does not need a buff on CS.

And frankly all 5% penetrations do is fudge combat math when building champions, I dont feel like there is enough benefit to the format from these sort of minor tweaks to justify the added complication.

It may be that after season 2 these natural penetrations are necessary for game balance, and if people believe that's the case, I'd be curious to hear why they think these would still be necessary.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hugs From Momma

11-13-2011

Yeah, I don't really see the point of the penetration auras, especially the armor pen aura in light of the new 10% penetration mastery.

Tanks tend to be tanky / DPS builds, and hardcore turtling isn't a problem from what I've seen.