Which jungler should I pick up?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChakatSilvermane

07-07-2011

Ive been working to expand my very small list of characters I can play competently. So far, Im at Nasus and Morgana. I want to pick up a jungler and need a recommendation.

My playstyle: Usually I go for magic type characters, or something with range. I haven't figured out a lot of the melee play style yet, and I tend not to be super aggressive. More the player who waits for someone to screw up rather than to make my own opportunities. If it looks like the team fight is going badly, I start to run and don't stay behind to get that one guy thats low health only to die right after. Someone with a good initiation move would probably be nice because I hate waiting around for something to happen when both teams are kinda stalemate in mid.

Lightymare

Recruiter

07-07-2011

sounds like you want fiddle me timbers sir. nocturne, malphite and jarvan also sounds like good choices for you. Fiddle is AP and can turn a battle around also hes a strong ganker the issue ull have with him in the jungle is he can be countered fairly easy, but this guy seems to be your play style. TBH jarvan can fill more roles, hes a great spilt push, solo top, tank, and AD dpser while also being a fairly strong jungler.

pick fiddle or jarvan!

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2011

The vast majority of junglers have to make things happen. Of course, its always better to capitalize on openings, but doing it exclusively as a jungler would end up hurting your team.

I think the jungler that would fit best with you would be Fiddlesticks. Good initiation into fights. Magic type character.
The other magic type characters that can jungle are Nunu, Cho'Gath and Amumu but they are usually built as tanks. Cho and Amumu have pretty **** good initiators too but aren't supposed to be built as the "ranged magic type character."

Btw, your description of your playstyle doesn't make complete sense. You wait for someone to screw up rather than making your own opportunities but you want a champion that can initiate well. Those two don't go together often.

Zwergling

07-07-2011

I think you would enjoy playing fiddlesticks. He's ap-based, ranged, and based off of a combo where if they get close enough, you fear them and then drain their life. His ult is great for initiating team fights, as long as you can land it.

He also has great survivability as a jungler, due to his drain.

ChakatSilvermane

07-07-2011

The wait for someone to screw up thing is mostly in laning phase. After that I will get slightly more aggressive.

Azellos

07-07-2011

fiddlesticks is a very strong champion when played right, but i will warn you he's harder to play right. Master his CC, learn his route, and you can be very fearsome in team fights, solo situations, and ganks.

Other popular junglers: warwick, nunu, shaco, xin zhao, amumu. There's more obviously but those are a few off the top of my head.

Etherimp

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azellos View Post
fiddlesticks is a very strong champion when played right, but i will warn you he's harder to play right. Master his CC, learn his route, and you can be very fearsome in team fights, solo situations, and ganks.

Other popular junglers: warwick, nunu, shaco, xin zhao, amumu. There's more obviously but those are a few off the top of my head.
Nocturn, Olaf, etc.