Nidalees lore is... Lacking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Jaguar

11-12-2011

Its a great story, don't get me wrong, She is a kid and gets raised by cougars after an infection kills her family off, but still... I mean it's written like it was taken from a 5Th grader's story.

I know shes an older champion and redoing her lore would be disasterific, but at the same time, I don't feel that it even describes who she IS in any way. Sure shes saving the Kumungu Jungle from the Civilizations, but really, That could be any GENERIC amazon lore.
I understand her family died to a disease, but that being said, wouldn't that make her NOT wanna stay in the jungle?

I mean, nothing even states why she has a natural grudge of the Demacians or Noxians.

Here i Present what I think would be a sufficient Replacement lore story, attempting not to change her general story:

"Not many people reside past the blasted area south of the Barrier, and none that do are ever heard of, insisting to stay in their homes for their own safety. These are the homes of many retired and old treasure hunters, people who would risk life and limb to achieve the ancient relics hidden in such places as Kununga jungle. Nidalee, a young girl at the time, was merely an observer of her treasure hunting parents, who had come to the jungle to find the golden relics of the ancient magic wars. They were re-known hunters, even to the general audiences of the great Demacia and Noxus.

On a normal trip to the jungle, Nidalees parents stumbled upon ancient runes of the magic wars. It was easily discovered, but deep into the jungle, like a scar alongside a beautiful island of trees (Lord of the flies reference there :P). Nidalees parents, as well as Nidalee, were astounded at such a discovery, and were eager to check the Ruins for relics of power. The ruins, however, weren't very welcoming, and still had active traps of poison, bungee pits, and snakes. Although it was risky, it also meant that treasure still resided in the mines.

Deep in the ruins, past several pits, and springs, lain a fruit of labor. A Purely golden Cougar statue, with gleaming Green eyes made of brilliant Emerald.
That was the prize of the ruins. With haste, and with warning to Nidalee to remain at the foot of the room, Nidalees parents rushed to receive their prize. Upon touching the Statue, however, Nidalee watched as her parents fell victim, very slowly, to a deep poison resin on the statue. She knew better to run to their aid, and watched in anguish as they perished. She was all alone now, to fend for herself in the jungle, and in the ruins.

After some time, she stumbled out of the ruins and into the jungle, beaten and badly bruised by the ruins, she had lost consciousness. Hours later, she was awoken by a soft licking from a cougar, much like the totems of the ruins, this cougar had green eyes like Gems. Nidalee was afraid, but didn't run. Both fear and a calm came over her when she stared into the cougars eyes, and when it was apparent that the beast wasn't going to attack her, she Joined the cougar, and took in the jungle, and the ruins, magic.

Her new magic wasn't put to test until an evening where fire erupted around the runes she had decided to live in. Demacian explorers had come across the ruins, knowing the curses of the Cougar Dietys, and Thought it best to burn the ancient place, as well as the magic that lived in it.
Nidalee had no choice but to fight for her home, and the jungle. Her rage of the Demacians made transformed her into a Cougar, and with a vicious hate, she slain the Demacian Explorers. she oathed, with fire at her back and charred wood in front of her, that the Civilized would not touch the wood of Kumungu Jungle.

Nidalee was taught to fight by her feline family, battling viciously with tooth and nail. Something in her feline ways may draw you to her, but remember that she is no pussycat."

I attempted to keep her lore as original as it is, while building on the fact that her family died due to ignorance of the jungles power, and that they died because of what they were doing in the jungle. I added the Charred fire scene, in replacement of the woodcutters scene, because Fire has a standing effect on rage, whereas Woodcutting is kinda lame, and it also creates a strong rage-created bond between her and the woods, and demacia, and well, any civilized group.

DetectiveCactus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2011

I suppose there's some word number limit to the champion bios (they almost never go beyond two paragraphs), so I guess champion lores can get only so detailed. Yours is too long, for example.

Also, Riot's been ret-conning old champion lores for quite some time, so the chances of Nidalee's bio getting revamped might be higher than you think.

Captain Jaguar

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveCactus View Post
I suppose there's some word number limit to the champion bios (they almost never go beyond two paragraphs), so I guess champion lores can get only so detailed. Yours is too long, for example.

Also, Riot's been ret-conning old champion lores for quite some time, so the chances of Nidalee's bio getting revamped might be higher than you think.
I understand, I was trying to give a story with them to work with. I realize this story is much too long, thanks for the feedback though

Anrel

11-13-2011

I like it, but I agree with Detective Cactus, I think they do their best with the two paragraphs they get. Although sometimes it can take the biscuit e.g. he kinkous bios... I guess that is what the league judgements are for to further expand. I would very much like to see a Nida league judgement, maybe give your hand at writing that?