Pick a Card Rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeyk

09-29-2009

IMO Pick a Card is a flawed ability now and not just because of the double card glitch - the fact is that given a basic level of skill at it you can pick a gold card basically every time, for an easy AE stun on a very short cooldown. I think it needs to be redesigned to eliminate the concept of one best card you always want to pick and make it a choice.

My proposal is to change it to be three equals choices: Blue, Red and Yellow cards, rotating evenly for maybe a half-second each. Blue card is the same as now, but instead of re-picking you just get the damage buff for a little while. Red card is the same as current. Yellow card would be a stun that substantially lengthens the cooldown on Pick a Card(or the other two shorten it). Maybe other nerfs to the effect such as no damage or single-target only. The net result is that each card is useful for its own situation - you might want the blue card for pure damage, the red card for a spammable snare or the gold card for a short one-time stun. It makes the ability much more tactically interesting and removes the incentive to just stun spam.

Cantor

09-29-2009

I was thinking about this idea a while ago.. but what it ends up doing is just giving him 3 skills. Maybe If there were 3 (or more) types of cards that you could get, but what type CM picked was random, or very difficult to choose. They could have effects like, Blue card: higher damage, Red card: AOE slow, Gold Card: single target stun. And theres lots of other things you could think of as well. maybe a healing reduction card, or a poison card.

So the cards could be slightly better than your average skill, but you don't know what one you're going to get.

Or you could leave the 3 card types unbalanced and just make the better ones rarer.

Zeyk

09-29-2009

He already does have 3 skills, two of them are just rendered useless by the presence of the third. I really don't like the idea of leaving it random, it was already too unpredictable before.

Cantor

09-30-2009

I think it would be good for pick a card to live up to it's name though.. So that you (or CM i.e. randomly) actually pick a card, instead of just being like.. try and pick the right one. As it is theres really no choice to be made, it's obvious which one you will always want.

Savage

09-30-2009

You do spam pick blue repeatedly late in the game to machine gun down towers.

Just saying.

It would be a much more fair ability if it chose the effect of each use randomly though.

Kaitor

09-30-2009

Make it random would be my dream. And by that, as Cantor already stated, the concept of picking a card would be strengthened.

Also, in the current situation, CM is unplayable if you have a high ping i think...