what's with my xin build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brodox

11-13-2011

Hi, I was trying to jungle Xin but I just couldn't seem to pull it off. So I laned and just kind of threw something together. What do you all think of this

Dorans Blade
Berserker Grieves
Zeal
Warmogs
Atmas Impaler
Upgrade Zeal to Phantom Dancer
Blood Thirster
Replace Dorans Blade for Starks Fervor

I'm using Armor Pen quints and Marks, Armor Seals, and Magic Resist Glyphs

It's just something that I threw together. I like the WM/AI combo because it gives me good attack and survivability. And the zeal before hand helps out a little bit with feeding the WM. I was unsure about when to finish the phantom dancer. Would it be better before or after the BT? Or is there enough dmg output just from the Impaler?

Any help is appreciated, even it just blows let me know

Ended the game with 13/8/14 and carried my team. Which being accustomed to playing tanks NEVER happens. Not sure if I have the build to thank or if I was playing against scrubs... or both

Lorifel

11-14-2011

Warmogs+Atma is a very good combo for many champions, but is is a very long road to go. Expensive and you don't get much benefit from it before you complete these items.

On the other hand Xin needs AS and mitigation more than raw HP. So I would say items like Wit's End, Black Cleaver, Aegis are better for him.

TheWhite2086

11-14-2011

for jungle Xin the best build is (IMO)
cloth + pots -> madred's razor + boots1 -> wriggles -> boots2 (zerker or mercury depending on situation) -> phantom -> cleaver -> whatever last 2 items you need

skill order
q,w,e,w,e,r,w,e,w,e,w,r,e,q,q,q,r,q

jungle route
Wraiths(smite the big one) -> Wolves -> Double Golem(smite)
gank after double golem, nobody expects it and it is almost always successful, head back into the jungle for blue -> wolves -> wraiths -> double.
go back, depending on gank you should be able to get madreds + boots or just madreds. Grab red and your jungle is done, gank, lane or keep farming depending on how your team is doing

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

Xin is a very solid jungler and I recommend you play a few custom games to get it down.

Since masteries are changing, I won't go over them much. Try a 11/10/9 build getting the +6 armor and the -damage taken stuff which will make a big difference.

For runes, attack speed is actually best for Xin. But I am assuming you are doing armor pen reds, armor yellows, and then CDR or whatever blues. Health quints?
If you DO have any AS runes, try plugging them in and see how it goes. Esp quints or some red.

Start with cloth and 5 pots and have someone leash blue for you. (in custom games, take HEAL or IGNITE instead of flash/ghost as a PROXY for someone leashing).

Lord Ryushishin

11-14-2011

Fatama's > Atamog's

Ebonclaw

11-14-2011

That's my Malphite build, but I always do Mallet instead of Warmog.

I find I tend to get best results if I go Zeal > Phage > Atma's > Mallet > PD > Lifesteallllllll, though. The Atma's is still very cost effective even just at 2000HP. Upgrading from Phage > Mallet is only another 10-11 damage, which is nice but can be put off.

MuhGeeSher

11-14-2011

This is how I build my lane Xin
Doran's Blade x 2 OR Doran's Blade + Heart of Gold -> Berserker Greaves -> Zeal -> BF -> Blood Thirster/Black Cleaver -> Phantom Dancer -> "If you took Heart of Gold earlier.." -> Randuins, if not SKIP this -> Banshee's -> Frozen Mallet ( reccommend getting Giant's Belt 1st ), -> G.A last item?

So.. in short..
1) Berserker Greaves
2) Phantom Dancer
3) Blood Thirster/ Black Cleaver/ Infinity Edge if you really really want to, I wouldn't
4) Banshee's Veil or Mallet
5) Frozen Mallet or Veil
6) Atma's/ GA / tank item?

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

Most of the builds here have forgotten one really important item: Mercury treads(cloak&dagger would be okay but crit is not that useful).

You NEED some form of CC reduction so you do not get shut down by one CC; either that or get a QSS so people do not just run away before your third hit of Q. Unless the other team is completely stupid and has no CC or never use it on you.