POST to change SOLO RANKED ELO ratings criteria

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deathzwei

10-31-2011

Dear Riots and my fellow LOL players,
]I am writing hoping that Riots would change the criteria to ELO rating in SOLO RANKED GAMES for Summoner's Rift.

As we all know, the main criteria for ELO ratings, up or down, for Ranked games are mainly based on win/loss. In other words, the ELO ratings don't reflect a player's "performance" as much as the outcomes of the game. How important are these "performances" to the game? We all know that even one "feeder", a solo top Morgana with 0/6/0 at 15 minutes, or a dual Shen 1/7/6 and Twitch 2/8/2 bottom lane, can completely make the game one-sided. In such situation, hardly any amount of effort can compensate for the situation. Despite a mid Karthus 10/3/3 getting 12+ stacks, or a solo top Katarina getting 15+ stacks, we can't win. The other team is fed, period.

Now, I'll quit being formal as I was above. I'm stuck at **** 1k elo, because my last 5 ranked matches were like as I described, either one or two people feed like hell, kept getting killed so that the other team's stacks keep skyrocketing, or the whole team fails at teamfights because of lack of teamwork. Whose faults were that? While I'm doing my best to gank and kill successfully to turn the table, my efforts are completely in vain, my skills are completely useless. And you guys know what happen at the end of "GG"? Rating(-45), Rating(-48), Rating(-...), oh well. Hell, words can't describe my anger, playing with those people... Ok, sure, not intentionally feeding, not griefing..., but not guilty??? Hell no, please. "I have a bad game", ..., wow, good excuse. But how come in 5 games in a row I meet ppl with "bad games"... come on.

To be honest, I truly think I don't deserve this, and I think many people will agree with me. Those with KDA ratio > 3.5:1, those who kills 12 while dying 4 won't, those who get 20 supports out of 25 team kills won't. Why? Because this ELO ratings don't reflect our skills, our efforts at ! all ! And then what? We keep getting bumped into such "noobs", and again..., sigh, get lower ratings. Sure, we may get a lucky win or two, again, one-sided, haha, and our next 4 matches...

I don't know about other people, but I think that ranked games are serious. That's why the ladder exists, that's why clans exist, that's why ELO ratings exist. Because of such reasons, if Riots is not going to ban such "noobs" from ranked, please think of a methods to prevent us, the dedicated players, from encountering such "game ruiners". Well, I'm not a pro, but at least, I'm not a burden to my team, therefore, I think I and people like me deserve better treatment, rather than keep getting disappointed at 1k2ish ELO.

I'll list my opinions about alternatives here :
1 - Change or adjust the ELO ratings criteria towards the performances of the players in SOLO RANKED GAMES. This can go according to the type of champions that player was playing. For example, support champs get heavier criteria towards support, assassins get heavier towards kill, etc...

2 - Ban those with "EXCESSIVE" horrible/terrible/unacceptable/f****** [add any swearing you can thing of here]. This happens in ranked. I don't have the statistics here, but I personally think that 0/6 at 6 minutes, 1/10 at 15 minutes mid lanes, etc... "should not" play ranked games.

3 - Adjust the matchmaking system of SOLO RANKED GAMES towards balancing "performances", rather than ranked win/loss ratio or number of normal wins. I know plenty of mediorce players with 1k normal wins, and noobs with 500 wins. I don't know in-depth about Riots' matchmaking system, but from what's happening, I have some of my guesses.

MY FINAL WORDS: I'm not making this post so that I can climb up the solo ranked ladder. Nor I'm making this post to win solo ranked games. I'm making this so that I can play ranked games with satisfaction. I only wish to play with worthy teammates, play against worthy opponents, not worthless trashes.

Those who agree with me, please raise your voices. DON'T LET NOOBS RUIN THIS GAME. BEING NOOB IS NOT A GUILT, BUT DON'T LET US SERIOUS PLAYERS PLAY WITH NOOBS IN RANKED.

THUMBS UP TO AGREE WITH ME. LET RIOTS KNOW WHAT WE THINK.

Amatzikahni

10-31-2011

Last I heard, Riot is adjusting the way scoring is done in SR. I'm sure these changes will influence how Elo will fluctuate.

malibar

10-31-2011

I agree complete with what you say. I constantly run about 10/2-4 as kennen but i also will have someone who is going 0/6-7. Its impossible to win with that.

Triforce711

10-31-2011

I usually play a champion that can change the outcome of the lane phase or in other words and jungle. I usually play udyr and can finish the jungle in about 3 30 and start ganking at 4 00, because of this even if some of my team sucks, a good jungle can still change the outcome of a game. Your feeding twitch with a janna bot lane getting raped and the twitch is already 0-2-0 can still be changed. They most likely will be pushed to their turret. What does this mean? You go gank bottom and get 2 kills for twitch or you. What im trying to say is, BABY SIT THE NOOBS and play a jungler until you get to around 1400-1500. Then you can start playing what the team needs but until then play op champs and junglers. Karth is not the greatest of picks, Kat can be shut down REAL easy. Champs that if they get fed even if their team is feeding can still prevail: Udyr, Anivia, Annie, Stun Champions, Champions that can stay way back and still rape kids.

em3kiz

10-31-2011

Totally agree. It seems there are at least 1-2 players who have really no idea how the game is played at higher levels who suddenly start to join SR games. People who do not understand how to counter pick will just pick who they want play regardless if you already have a role that is filled. One thing i will never understand is people deciding who they are going to play before the banns/picks even start. They should be punished but i guess you cant punish stupidity.

I only hope they manage to lose more games than me, which is more difficult than is sounds since they will be put on my team consistently.

I think they should have stricter requirements for joining ranked ques i.e. Owning more heroes, having more regular wins, having multiple tier 3 rune pages.

Sylvinite

10-31-2011

maybe try to play someone like a mord although he is not as strong if they have a fed ad carry all you need is to get your team to kill one person and you can kill there whole team

Deathzwei

11-01-2011

Thanks for supporting so far, guys.

LEIFkolt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

agree. i think the fairest way would be to keep the system the way it is, but to add modifiers based on kills/deaths/assists or gold, maybe with extra bonuses for exceeding a certain score in a given amount of time.

Maybe it doesn't even have to be that much, maybe if you do well enough in a game it simply negates the elo drop you'd take from a loss? Like, "sorry dude, but you still did well... here's this."

Deathzwei

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triforce711 View Post
I usually play a champion that can change the outcome of the lane phase or in other words and jungle. I usually play udyr and can finish the jungle in about 3 30 and start ganking at 4 00, because of this even if some of my team sucks, a good jungle can still change the outcome of a game. Your feeding twitch with a janna bot lane getting raped and the twitch is already 0-2-0 can still be changed. They most likely will be pushed to their turret. What does this mean? You go gank bottom and get 2 kills for twitch or you. What im trying to say is, BABY SIT THE NOOBS and play a jungler until you get to around 1400-1500. Then you can start playing what the team needs but until then play op champs and junglers. Karth is not the greatest of picks, Kat can be shut down REAL easy. Champs that if they get fed even if their team is feeding can still prevail: Udyr, Anivia, Annie, Stun Champions, Champions that can stay way back and still rape kids.
I always keep a set of rune books for 6 champs that I think are significant to a team : Katarina, Anivia, Galio, Xin Zhao, Caitlyn and Janna. But most of the failed matches in solo ranked, I can't really think of any differences if I changed my champs... the team failed so bad...

The Noob Who Sux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

+1. But this also means ill never be able to play ranked.

My needs are second to the community's needs.