New Mastery Tree's

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NetherGate

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpaz View Post
Yes, multiplicatively.

The weakness of burst casters on this map doesn't have much to do with their damage; it has to do with their cooldowns. If you can survive the burst (a lot of champions can), they're stuck doing very little until their cooldowns are up. Meanwhile, bruisers and AD carries are still dishing out ridiculous sustained damage. A small (yes -- small) increase in the offense tree isn't really putting them over the edge.

This "problem" really only exists among low-ranked players.
I agree with most of this, but only time will tell for sure. I think the bump in power that they will receive may be more than you do it seems, though. The CDR options will be significantly increased in addition to the increase in power, which should also be considered. Im not entirely certain of this viewpoint, you may indeed be right, only time will tell.

As far as your comment "This problem really only exists among low-ranked players.". I really do have to disagree with you here. I play all levels and modes of dom except for the highest, and it is rampant. It is my belief that its because its still hard for many players to judge the overall impact of varying playstyles, and how they function together.

Thank you for sharing your perspective.

lbgsloan

11-14-2011

Will specialization in a single branch remain as common as it is now? *I'm not sure, your opinions welcome.
Yes, maybe even moreso now. All three trees have a lot less 'filler' masteries now, and have a lot more variety. I suspect many hybrid champs may very well run over 21 in offence.

Offensive branch is now much more attractive to mage's. Will Mage's dominate? Burst casters in particular? LeBlanc, Kat,....
Not really. Compared to the old offence tree, casters lost 5% mpen but gained 1% CDR, about 12 AP, a 5% total AP bonus, and some bonus damage to near-death targets. It's certainly viable to go full offence now on burst casters, but I don't see most giving up the extra CDR from defence or utility for some extra late game punch.

On the whole it seems that masteries will become significantly stronger, and will play a much larger role.
Most definitely. Poorly chosen specs will harm performance much more now.

Will Crowd Control Casters become significantly less effective overall do to Evasion (3% reduced damage from area effect abilities), and Juggernaut (10% reduction of duration of incoming disables)?
No sane person will take the 3% aoe reduction mastery. Brand pillers you for 300, your mastery negates...9 damage. Woo. Hoo. The tenacity bonus is nice, but the newly buffed Cleanse is far, far more concerning. I have a bad feeling this will become the new Flash. Stops Exhaust and Ignite now? Why would you take Exhaust/Ignite over Cleanse now?

Will Executioner encourage players to prize personal score higher than they already do, making the goal of actually winning an even more distant secondary goal than it so often presently seems to be?
Unlikely, seems to me Executioner will mostly 'just be there'. Anyone who chases down someone solely because they do 6% more damage to them was bad to begin with.

NetherGate

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Will specialization in a single branch remain as common as it is now? *I'm not sure, your opinions welcome.
Yes, maybe even moreso now. All three trees have a lot less 'filler' masteries now, and have a lot more variety. I suspect many hybrid champs may very well run over 21 in offence.

Offensive branch is now much more attractive to mage's. Will Mage's dominate? Burst casters in particular? LeBlanc, Kat,....
Not really. Compared to the old offence tree, casters lost 5% mpen but gained 1% CDR, about 12 AP, a 5% total AP bonus, and some bonus damage to near-death targets. It's certainly viable to go full offence now on burst casters, but I don't see most giving up the extra CDR from defence or utility for some extra late game punch.

On the whole it seems that masteries will become significantly stronger, and will play a much larger role.
Most definitely. Poorly chosen specs will harm performance much more now.

Will Crowd Control Casters become significantly less effective overall do to Evasion (3% reduced damage from area effect abilities), and Juggernaut (10% reduction of duration of incoming disables)?
No sane person will take the 3% aoe reduction mastery. Brand pillers you for 300, your mastery negates...9 damage. Woo. Hoo. The tenacity bonus is nice, but the newly buffed Cleanse is far, far more concerning. I have a bad feeling this will become the new Flash. Stops Exhaust and Ignite now? Why would you take Exhaust/Ignite over Cleanse now?

Will Executioner encourage players to prize personal score higher than they already do, making the goal of actually winning an even more distant secondary goal than it so often presently seems to be?
Unlikely, seems to me Executioner will mostly 'just be there'. Anyone who chases down someone solely because they do 6% more damage to them was bad to begin with.
Excellent input, thank u. Good point about Cleanse.