New Mastery Tree's

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hugs From Momma

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KommunistKevin View Post
Wow wtf is all I have to say tough skin looks really OP for jungling

Indominatable reduces all damage by 1/2 wtf? I see everyone going deep enough into defense tree to get indomintable and then dumping the rest into offense

Everybody becomes a viable jungler with tough skin and indomintable...
Not sure if serious.

Narcomancer

11-12-2011

"Use the apostrophe with contractions. The apostrophe is always placed at the spot where the letter(s) has been removed.
Examples: don't, isn't
You're right.
She's a great teacher.
"

Are we moving on now, or no?

I don't think we should troll a good thread over a simple misuse of the apostrophe. One comment was more than adequate.

KommunistKevin

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugs From Momma View Post
Not sure if serious.
Dude indominitable reduces all incoming damage by 1/2 check it

This effectively doubles your effective hp its crazy OP, why would I not be serious?

Seņor Pancho

11-12-2011

Quote:

This effectively doubles your effective hp its crazy OP, why would I not be serious?
troll?

in case you are actually serious, it reduces 1 damage per point invested, up to 2. it's written "1/2" but it could have been written "1, 2"

Jagobah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2011

Quote:

The severity in how badly you construed that mastery description is astonishing. It's a 2 point mastery that lets you reduce incoming damage by 1 point or 2 points. It doesn't reduce incoming damage by half.

You can thank me later for clearing it up for you.

Hugs From Momma

11-12-2011

Quote:

Still not sure.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2011

Upvoting a DedPheonix thread. Come on, guys, this could actually be a useful discussion regardless of apostrophe misuse.

I haven't taken a good look at the new trees, yet, but once (if?) I have something of substance to say, I shall return.

Narcomancer

11-12-2011

Quote:

You are correct, thats what it says, but it would wreck the game. Its a typo.

Cauldrath

11-12-2011

So, what do you all think about grabbing Last Whisper and Weapon Expertise, then running around with 40+15+10=65% armor pen?

Also, the removal of Ardor from defense tree makes 9/21/0 caster builds a lot worse. Tenacity being removed and replaced with only 1.5% reduction from Honor Guard, combined with a huge increase in the amount of health you can get is a big nerf to characters with built-in sustain, like shields and heals, who go all the way through the defense tree. Atma's Impaler is going to be a much better item with Juggernaut, as well, so you'll be seeing that more often.

Mercenary doesn't seem worth it. I was thinking I'd get it for those games where I can't seem to get anything but assists, but usually games end before anyone gets more than 20 kills+assists - 240 gold isn't even going to get you Cloth Armor. It would probably be decent and reasonably-balanced if it gave 50 extra gold per assist (in Dominion, of course), but no extra bonus for kills.

Executioner is probably going to make Dominion worse. Now all the people who decide to avoid fights until the enemy is low on health are going to be better at diving in for that last hit, but getting that first 60% taken off is going to be just as hard, or harder, than before, and the tactic of getting people to chase you with low health will be much worse.

Phourc

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedPheonix View Post
OK then, if you guys dont want a thread on the forum to discuss the new mastery tree's and how they will affect dominion, no problem. I just wont put any more work into it. I will check this thread tomorrow, and if its closed that's fine, if its open and there are good points made by fellow players I will invest a considerable amount of time updating it and responding. The forum belongs to all of us, vote whether you want this here or not.
Almost downvoted for this then I saw the first page, lulz.

My thoughts:

It's actually a LOT of the **** we want on dominion, CDR has been a MASSIVE complaint for anything cooldown dependant, and feeling locked into a specific, CDR-heavy build is no fun with the like.. 3 good items that give it. So, hells to the yes for 4% CDR for everyone (8 points in offense tree), with an optional 6% or .5-8% scaling in the other two trees.

Also, did you notice? No strength of spirit is a direct minus 35 HP5 nerf to Ryze. He needed it.

No dodge mastery either but I've never really been sure how much of a difference that one made.

One more totally awesome thing: Wealth. Another 40 starting gold allows a few new starting combos, including recurve bow + boots. Dunno if it's worth running utility for though xP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldrath View Post
So, what do you all think about grabbing Last Whisper and Weapon Expertise, then running around with 40+15+10=65% armor pen?
Doesn't Penetration stack multiplicatively? I get 52.5%, still quite good but not worth dropping 2k on the last whisper without enemies building fairly tanky.

Quote:
Atma's Impaler is going to be a much better item with Juggernaut, as well, so you'll be seeing that more often.
3% increased HP OP, nerf Irelia.

If you're Nunu (2381 base health at 18), that's another 71 HP at max level, which is one and a half bonus AD. I think we'll live.

Quote:
Executioner is probably going to make Dominion worse. Now all the people who decide to avoid fights until the enemy is low on health are going to be better at diving in for that last hit, but getting that first 60% taken off is going to be just as hard, or harder, than before, and the tactic of getting people to chase you with low health will be much worse.
6% is nice but hardly game breaking, did the 4% from Havoc ever seem OP? If people want to play dumb for a 1/20th increase in damage then that's on them xP