Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Mastery Tree's

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NetherGate

11-12-2011

Hello fellow LOL addicts. I've just seen the new masteries tree that will be coming out soon, and wanted to open a thread for discussing it. If you haven't seen it yet, you are missing out. You can check it out here; http://na.leagueoflegends.com/masteries-season-two

I will update the leader posting for this thread to incorporate the best points made about the new mastery tree's.

The biggest differences cumulatively are in the following categories;

OVERALL DAMAGE

Attack Damage/Ability Power; Total potential Attack Damage = 3 (from 3 points in Brutal Force, offensive tree), 1.5% (from 3 points in Havok, offensive tree), and 6% (from Executioner but only when opponent is below 40% health, offensive tree). Total potential Ability Power; 4 (from 4 points in Mental Force, offensive tree), 1.5% (from 3 points in Havoc, offensive tree), 1 ability power per level or 18 ability power by level 18 (from 4 points in Blast, offensive tree), and 6% (from Executioner but only when opponent is below 40% health, offensive tree).

Armor Penetration/Magic Penetration; Total potential armor penetration = 6 flat armor pen(from 3 points in Sunder, offensive tree)[/I] and 10 percent armor pen(1 point in Weapon Expertise, offensive tree)[/I]. Total potential Magic Penetration = 10% (1 point in Arcane Knowledge, offensive tree)

OVERALL DEFENSE

Health; 108 health (by level 18 from 4 points in Durability, defensive tree), 30 health (from 1 point in Veterans Scars, defensive tree), 3% Life Steal (from 3 points in Vampirism, offensive tree), 3% Spell Vamp (from 3 points in Transmutation, offensive tree),
total Health Regen; 3 per 5 seconds (from 3 points in Vigor, defensive tree), 9% (from 3 points in Perseverance in utility tree)

Resilience; 6% magic resistance (from 3 points in Resistance, defensive tree), 6% armor (from 3 points in Hardiness, defensive tree), 2 point incoming damage reduction (from 2 points in Indomitable, defensive tree), 3% reduced damage from area effect abilities (from 3 points in evasion, defensive tree), 1.5% reduced damage (from 3 points from in Honor Guard, defensive tree), 3% increased maximum health (from 1 point in Juggernaut, defensive tree), 10% reduction of duration of incoming disables (also from 1 point in Juggernaut, defensive tree).

OVERALL UTILITY

Mana; 216 mana (by level 18 from 3 points in Enlightenment, utility tree), 3 mana regen per 5 seconds (from 3 points in Meditation, utility tree), 9% mana regen (from 3 points in Perseverance, utility tree)

Cooldown Reduction; 4% ( from 4 points in Sorcery, offensive tree), 8.1% (by level 18 from 3 points in Enlightenment, defensive tree), and 6% (from 3 points in Intelligence, utility tree)

Movement speed; 3% (but only when above 70% health Initiator, defensive tree), and 2% (from 4 points in Swiftness, utility tree).

Gold; 12 bonus gold for champion kills and assists (from 3 points in Mercenary, defensive tree), 2 gold every 10 seconds (from 4 points in Greed, utility tree) and 40 additional starting gold (from 2 points in Wealth, utility tree).

Experience Gain; 5% (from 4 points in awareness, utility tree), 20 bonus experience from kills and assists (from 1 point in sage, utility tree)

Notes on the aforementioned differences;

Written out as pertains to Dominion only.
As affects champions only.

Still under construction

Points of interest;

Will Juggernauts "10% reduction of duration of incoming disables" stack with tenacity?

Now it appears that the highest total cdr availble from masteries at level 18 will be 12.1%, up 3.1% from present masteries. And while that is the highest total, there is cdr potential in all trees, allowing flexibility for high cdr builds.

The defensive tree will have the greatest end game cdr of any tree, while it presently has none.

You will likely be able to fit both of the movement speed buffs in one masteries set, increasing the potential for high mobility builds.

Now significantly more options to aquire gold through your masteries.

Your opinions wanted on the following;

Will specialization in a single branch remain as common as it is now? *I'm not sure, your opinions welcome.

Offensive branch is now much more attractive to mage's. Will Mage's dominate? Burst casters in particular? LeBlanc, Kat,....

On the whole it seems that masteries will become significantly stronger, and will play a much larger role.

Will Crowd Control Casters become significantly less effective overall do to Evasion (3% reduced damage from area effect abilities), and Juggernaut (10% reduction of duration of incoming disables)?

Will Executioner encourage players to prize personal score higher than they already do, making the goal of actually winning an even more distant secondary goal than it so often presently seems to be?

KommunistKevin

11-12-2011

fix your link

FDru

11-12-2011

Can't take anyone seriously who doesn't understand what an apostrophe is for.

Danjuro V

11-12-2011

Quote:
FDru:

KrupsMcGee

11-12-2011

Quote:
FDru:

Or how to add 3 single digit numbers.

NetherGate

11-12-2011

Quote:
FDru:

I think you should start a thread about apostrophe's, and the use of them. Do you have an opinion on the new masteries?

NetherGate

11-12-2011

Quote:
KrupsMcGee:
Or how to add 3 single digit numbers.

what are you talking about?

KommunistKevin

11-12-2011

Wow wtf is all I have to say tough skin looks really OP for jungling

Indominatable reduces all damage by 1/2 wtf? I see everyone going deep enough into defense tree to get indomintable and then dumping the rest into offense

Everybody becomes a viable jungler with tough skin and indomintable...

Narcomancer

11-12-2011

I see burst casters dominating the game in the near future. OMG LEBLANC!!

Hugs From Momma

11-12-2011

Quote:
DedPheonix:
I think you should start a thread about apostrophe's, and the use of them. Do you have an opinion on the new masteries?

Oh man. You had a 50/50 shot at it, too.