"I never get banned, they don't care"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xoV

11-12-2011

I come across these type of statements all the time. Most recently it was a premade that spewed racist and homosexual insults throughout the entire game to "Prove his point" that he would "never get banned", the rest of the premade backed him up with lesser insults.

I'm just curious what the general reaction to these kinds of statements are in the Tribunal, since in most cases it would prove said person to be in the wrong, since he's implied he is indeed doing something wrong by making up the excuse of he'll "never get banned", if you follow me.

WhiteMriswith

11-12-2011

In my experience the players that feel the need to say "I'll never get banned" generally have already done something in that game to deserve a punishment, so I vote punish on those. In a few rare cases, I've been on the fence about punishing someone, and that statement pushed me over. In most cases it is an easy punish for me, tho.

Edit: Just to clarify, I do not punish JUST for that phrase, but it does make punishing someone easier for me. I have yet to see an innocent person say that, but if I do I will pardon them

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2011

I got a case that one of the people that reported made a comment that said "Ban him!!! if you dont punish him you dont care for the game." I was soo close to pressing pardon just to show that no matter how you feel bout the person Im not going to autopunish just because you said so, I had to press punish because others reported him and the chat proved that he was doing the wrong thing.

Leib Olmai

11-12-2011

I got someone saying, only f** are doing the tribunal and it doesn't work so I don't care.

Guess what, I punished him.

Le Misérable

11-12-2011

I used to say that.

Guess what, I got banned 4 times. The tribunal works.

Lord Ferret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2011

I have seen a few of these people in the tribunal and I hit punish on them.

Shrinking Violet

11-13-2011

General reacting: Slamming the punish key with the force of 1,000 greasy Cheetos.

Feeling a sense of empowerment over people like that is literally the only reason a lot of players participate in the tribunal. If ever the "angry greasy nerd" stereotype was worth using, it's cases like these.

Booker DeWitt

11-13-2011

was the guy u reported called nothing but aces out of curiosity?

UmbraSprite

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Violet View Post
General reacting: Slamming the punish key with the force of 1,000 greasy Cheetos.

Feeling a sense of empowerment over people like that is literally the only reason a lot of players participate in the tribunal. If ever the "angry greasy nerd" stereotype was worth using, it's cases like these.
Wow still here? Had to travel for work but glad to see you are holding the fort!